Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 Scale Dragster Build

i have a soft spot for 1/8 mike. looks great. i think the belt drives look good from here. starting to take on some good looks as you go. keep up the progress!

Thanks Dave, will do. Time to run the fuel lines. Will post when I'm done.

A quick look over on the H.A.M.B shows this street blower set-up on a 292

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/blower-set-up-for-292-312-y-block.441284/

Just popped open one of the kits - it has a couple of tan rubber bands for the blower belt and a full 360 degree belt guard on the chrome tree.

Matt, I'm liking your project - it's going to make me move mine up on the build schedule.

Steve, are your instructions on that kit dark and hard to see the picture. Sometimes you have to refer to the pic to see what they are trying to explain. Thanks for looking for me...

Thanks, I know about passing up buying this kit. This sat in the box for at least 5 years before I started to build it. The picture on the box looked cheep looking and not realistic. I'm glad I started it. The tires on the other hand are hard narrow plastic. I'm not a fan of that. Maybe sanding them might improve the look.

Matt,  yes the instructions are dark, fuzzy, and the pictures are impossible to figure out.- very poor copy - looks like a forth gen photo copy from the original kit - but they are what the latest issue came with.  to complicate things, the rubber bands for the blower belt were in the bag with some electric motor parts, didn't even look like a part for the kit...  But, still grateful to have the kit and it will get built someday.

I'm enjoying your build up, it's looking good, I like it!  Steve

Matt,  yes the instructions are dark, fuzzy, and the pictures are impossible to figure out.- very poor copy - looks like a forth gen photo copy from the original kit - but they are what the latest issue came with.  to complicate things, the rubber bands for the blower belt were in the bag with some electric motor parts, didn't even look like a part for the kit...  But, still grateful to have the kit and it will get built someday.

I'm enjoying your build up, it's looking good, I like it!  Steve

Thanks for getting back to me Steve. I will keep posting updates as I go alone.