Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dodge l-700 Hauling some surprise guests

xbazzarex

I've been on the forum for some time but i dont think ive ever posted any work. it can be a bit intimidating seeing how great some of the builds are here, but every build is a step forward and i figure a bit of feedback never hurts. so for starters im sure your thinking i put this in the wrong section and it should be in the trucks section, but the main focus of the build will not be the truck itself, but what the truck is hauling. 

ive started the dodge l-700 by lindberg, at least ive started the trailer lol. none of the pieces that should be flat, are actually flat. however ive made some minor progress. the rear axles and box is assembled, the rims are painted a dark matte brown. i will be following a similar color scheme to the box except in place of the red, ill be using matte brown. and in place of the green ill be using a metallic red.ill have to get some better pictures of the color. 

the truck will end up on a dio im slowly, slowly working on. and i believe the truck will be hauling 3 awesome GTO's, a 65,66,and 67. that is if all 3 will fit on the trailer, and if all 3 kits i have are the same scale and similar sizes. 

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

I have this kit, it's pretty neat. It's basically the AMT '40 Ford kit. Almost everything is identical between my Lindberg and AMT '40 Fords. 

The 65-67 GTOs are all the same scale. The best available Goat that I've seen of the three is the Revell '66 GTO. I have the AMT '65 and it lacks in detail and quality, but it's a 25+ year old kit. Maybe that has something to do with it. The MPC/AMT '67 GTO is awful. I've had 3 different kits, from 3 different reissues of it and they all have their issues. I decided to build mine as a curbside. 

I also think that trailer will only haul 2 of the Goats. Not 100% sure, though. 

I am looking forward to following your Dodge build, however. I'm thinking of making mine a military truck. Not sure yet. 

I have this kit and built the trailer. I built only the trailer for use on my K.I.T.T. diorama. I remember a little bit of confusion between the instructions and the part on the trees. Also a lot of poor fitting parts. Good luck!

yeah the bed will only be fitting 2 cars, if they were small like beetles it might fit 3. i haven't decided which GTO's will be on there yet, i think i have the three kits mentioned here. 

I have this kit and built the trailer. I built only the trailer for use on my K.I.T.T. diorama. I remember a little bit of confusion between the instructions and the part on the trees. Also a lot of poor fitting parts. Good luck!

the instructions are kind of silly, but the part fitment is awful. in the pictures you can see the trailer plates do not line up because of how bowed they are, im going to try some glue and a clamp or two to see if i can make it straight. still working on some of the detail paint as well, anyone familiar with 1:1 trailers like this? should there be hoses or something for the wheels and brakes and such(brakes i assume yes). i was having a hard time finding a reference picture online. 

image1 (1).JPG

image2 (1).JPG

yeah the bed will only be fitting 2 cars, if they were small like beetles it might fit 3. i haven't decided which GTO's will be on there yet, i think i have the three kits mentioned here. 

the instructions are kind of silly, but the part fitment is awful. in the pictures you can see the trailer plates do not line up because of how bowed they are, im going to try some glue and a clamp or two to see if i can make it straight. still working on some of the detail paint as well, anyone familiar with 1:1 trailers like this? should there be hoses or something for the wheels and brakes and such(brakes i assume yes). i was having a hard time finding a reference picture online. 

Yep had the same issues with it. The trailer is a mix of real ones, I modified mine like a Furehauf frome the end of the 60's. Added brake line etc. I needed only a piece of trailer so for me was a different story. Where the two piece of trailer come together you can add a pin in each side, will keep it straight.
Here the link of mine: Trailer