Model Cars Magazine Forum

Looking for someone to build a custom cage

looking for someone who can build a couple custom roll cages for me. Looking for 25.3 style funny car cages like in a drag radial car.  Any help is greatly appreciated so lmk if that's something you can do and what it would run. Thanks

IMG_0303.JPG

Hey Outkast,I tried asking the same question.I was asking if anyone could make a roll cage for a Nova..Just to let you know,no body answered my question.I was offering to pay for it...Good luck.

Yea,that sucks.I had a guy who used to sell me a bunch of Diecast prostock roll ages.Eg.The Jegs cars...I lost his number too..Seriously,They make pretty good roll cages,but u might have modify the cage a litle..I hope that's no cheating,but whatever.He used to gut the car out,selling me the cage/chassis,motor,shifter,etc..Anyway,maybe u can try that.And sometimes it works and fits like a glove,and there's some that won't fit,no matter how much modifying you can do,which is not too much..But let me tell u,there's some guys on here,that can do wonders with Styrene.and drag cars.Oh and the Diecast/plastic cage is built with a funny car style cage.And If u find someone,please tell me,and I will do the same,but for now,like I said,no real offers.Ive even asked some guys if I can buy their whole drag car,and then modify it myself.I mean,again,there's some guys on here that build the most incredible door slammer,outlaw,,10.5 cars.,but I never get an answer,and that's cool.I mean they built the thing,ha.So now Go make your own $&%%#%.drag car,lol,which I guess that is the point.?.Good luck again.I'am actually looking for some one who can build a basic roll cage for this 66 Pro mod Nova,made up with a 3D  printer.Pretty wild stuff.image.thumb.jpeg.af6a9a80a2cffa476e3df45image.thumb.jpeg.95bd9b27d815f1f368bee75And then I tried building this black insane,blown Nova.The car flys...A friend of a friend actually knew the guy running that car.He said,he's seen it run a few times.The car cuts a low 6s,in the 1/4 mile.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hey Jeremy, I've heard of some people useing resin solder the same thickness as you want your cage, then use it to form what ever the shape you want for the roll cage then transer that to the plastic tubeing you will be useing for the rollcage. I'll soon will be building the Revell LAPD Pro Stock Camaro and if you look closley at the picture you will notice that it has Funny car type exhaust and not the headers that come with the kit, so I too will be useing the soider trick also to form the exhaust. And asking questions here is a hit and miss on all sites so dont get discourage, good luck on your project.