Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Pontiac Firebird T/A

sk8erdave

So, believe it or not, I took a break from painting warhammer 40k - partly because the heat we had was making my paint dry on the pallet and brush. Taking advantage of the heat and the empty garage i threw some paint on this. It came out great! I just wish id prepped the body now. This kit has probably been sat in the box for 15+ years after many attempts at ruining it with the interior done. lol

It has no engine as the v8 disappeared at some point and the inlet manifold for the 6 cylinder went down the plug whilst washing it having stripped the chrome of it..... The wheels are actually from the fast and the furious toyota supra.  This was also another go at using bare metal foil for the chrome.
The colour is ford aztec bronze. It sparkles in the sun quite well.

20170625_182936_zpsekrbvrfv.jpg

20170625_182953_zps2p6lrtm0.jpg

20170625_183035_zpsubv5y71n.jpg

Theres two more builds in the works too!

Looks awesome! I feel bad, but I had to laugh at the plug hole incident haha. As it's in need of an engine, why not drop the 2jz from the Supra kit in there if you have it spare? Or is that too much blasphemy? lol

P.S. Nice to see another Brit on here too! ;) 

lol i laugh now. 

The supra kit wasnt very detailed, a kit by AMT and i ruined that years ago trying to mate it over a pro stock chassis if i remember rightly. i didnt have a clue what i was doing and ruined two kits lmao