Model Cars Magazine Forum

I've done a brief look at the forums for help with this but I sadly do not have the patience to look long. Looking at some of the builds here I hope someone can help. I want to lift the 66 Suburban but I have never made a lift kit for a model before. How can I lift this kit? Either scratchbuild or kitbash is fine with me I just need help on how to do it. I also want to convert it to 4-wheel drive so what would be a good way to do this. What kits would you recommend to kitbash a lift and drive conversion?

The reissued AMT 4x4 Chevy Blazer "Crew Chief" may be a good option for a donor. This kit has a nice frame and suspension. 

These are on clearance at Hobby Lobby, picked one up for $17.99 the other day. Probably will use it for a donor for it's driveline, might slam the body as a 2wd curbside.

The real question would be what are the plans for the build? Are you looking to do replica stock? Or are you after more of a late 4x4 conversion? In the case of a conversion, then the Blazer or Deserter chassis would be fine to go with. If you're looking for a stock type 4x4, then you're going to be looking at some scratchbuilding, as about the only parts from the later 4x4s that would really be usable would be the axles and perhaps the rear springs.