Model Cars Magazine Forum

68 camaro added new pictures.(6-21)

m3m

Hey guys, well i finished this a few months ago, thought i posted it, but i can't find it, so here goes!

i built a camaro about 7 years ago, gave it to my little brother, i was visiting and seen it, i said if you let me have it, i will build ya a better one! So tried!

I took the old kit, and used a 55 sportsman chassis, engine, etc. and made my first cowl hood with styrene. I showed him and he loved it! I am not to happy with the fuel line and fittings, tried some stuff and well it didn't work to well! But he likes it so thats all that matters!

Thanks for looking!

What i started with....

100_1182.jpg

what it turned into....

100_3254.jpg

100_3331.jpg

100_3338.jpg

100_3354.jpg

100_3348.jpg

100_3363.jpg

100_3365.jpg

Edited by Jeryd

• 2 weeks later...
Very nice!!

That is one MONSTER sized hood scoop! I hope that driver always gets the right lane, otherwise he'll never see the other car!! :lol:

Well, i have posted this build on a few sites, i wondered how long it would take to get this reply!

Yea it is a big cowl hood, or "monster" as you say, but it was my first one, and it had to be that big to clear the carbs. It is a model, but i guess these guys that race real cars and have hoods, blowers, etc. as high or higher, "hope they get the right lane" also. I just got a couple but have seen some even higher. After seeing some of these mines not to high after all!

car4_large.jpg

9596646983003-2007-68-Camaro-Pro-Mo.jpg

1256825706510-68-CAMARO-105-or-Outl.jpg

Well, i have posted this build on a few sites, i wondered how long it would take to get this reply!

Yea it is a big cowl hood, or "monster" as you say, but it was my first one, and it had to be that big to clear the carbs. It is a model, but i guess these guys that race real cars and have hoods, blowers, etc. as high or higher, "hope they get the right lane" also. I just got a couple but have seen some even higher. After seeing some of these mines not to high after all!

That's OK...monster hood or not, it's a great looking build!! I'm also pretty partial to early Camaros. I had a '67 SS 350 hardtop.

• 1 month later...