Model Cars Magazine Forum

Wheels for the Revell 2006 Mustang

I'd love some wheels like that too. Vintage Panasports won't cut it; one too many spokes, wrong offset, and the 14" or 15" diameter of those Aoshima rims (or just reissued 4-lug versions by Fujimi) are far too small for a new Mustang. Not to mention the Aoshima wheels are likely not in stock, they haven't been made in a looooooong time, Aoshima is terrible about short runs and dropping them.

I'd also like to see some of the Saleen wheels used on the '05/newer Mustangs available in our scale.

While these wheels have one too many spokes vs. the Penske Mustang; they are probably the closest to what you're looking for and not terribly difficult/expensive to find. They're from an Infiniti FX45 diecast kit by Maisto (find the kit, there are two sets of the rims in it, buy the preassembled and there's only one set). They're 20's but you can stretch 18's over them. They'll fill up a Mustang's ginormous wheel openings quite nicely.

Side1-vi.jpg

Isn't there a new Mini that comes with wheels that are REALLY close to those in the illistration??

BTW,, those Aoshima wheels arn't supposed to be "Minilights" they'r "Watanabe's", IIRC.

Those wheels in the new Mini are too small, even for a Mini Cooper S. Fujimi's typical "one scale inch too small in diameter" syndrome (supposed to be 17's, they're 16's in 1/24). Even if the design was right (they're not), they'd get lost inside the Mustang wheel openings.

The 77 Monte Carlo Easy Kit has some Halibrand that are 19-21". If you remove the mounting bosses they fit perfectly into the Pegasus 23" step sleves.

The other option is that I can "scale-Up" some 1/25 Mini lites by making a mold from the Micro Mark Blue rubber and then letting it set in Coleman fuel for 2 days. This will give you 1 master that will be larger.

The 77 Monte Carlo Easy Kit has some Halibrand that are 19-21". If you remove the mounting bosses they fit perfectly into the Pegasus 23" step sleves.

The other option is that I can "scale-Up" some 1/25 Mini lites by making a mold from the Micro Mark Blue rubber and then letting it set in Coleman fuel for 2 days. This will give you 1 master that will be larger.

I've also heard of the "white gas" treatment to enlarge a mold; have you much or any experience with it?