Model Cars Magazine Forum

Drag car rear end

A large part of your answer hinges on what class you're building for, and what time period in history. Thinking has changed over the years, and different classes often run different rear end setups, especially depending on WHEN your model represents.

Here are some examples of what's in use today.     http://www.cachassisworks.com/c-401-4-link-suspension-drag-race.aspx

My model is going to be a current example using todays technology. I just didn't know what all supplies i would need for the four link bars.

The link tubes themselves are usually about 1" or so. Lower HP cars may use 7/8", higher HP cars may use larger. If you're working in 1/25 scale, 1" is about 1mm or about .040" styrene rod. The brackets would look about right made from .010" styrene sheet, though a lot of modelers use thicker stock for strength.

consider using the four link suspension from another kit - the Rherer-Morrison Camaro pro-stock would be a good donor - it has an accurate four link suspension with the narrowed Ford 9 inch rear axle with good detail.  It also has the wheel tubes and chassis to work with the four link.  Just cut the back half of the chassis off, trim to fit, and swap it with the stock chassis. Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but it works.