Model Cars Magazine Forum

What's out there, Revell / Monogram 1940 Ford kits ?

To go along with the Revell '40 Ford Standard coupe kit. I bought from another vendor on eBay the correct dash board decals for the kit. The instrument decals Revell includes for their kit are correct for the '40 Ford Deluxe models. Not the Standard models. So there is a vendor out there offering correct ones. Even though it will probably be though to see when the kit is finished. I had to do it. 

I think you will enjoy greatly to build the kits. They go together with zero issues, and even tough there is the inaccuracy problem with the interior on the coupe, when it's all together it's hard to see. 

If the decals you got didn't work well, I have the correct one I made for my build on photoshop. Can send a correctly dimensioned jpg file by PM, or e-mail, and you can print it with a ink jet printer with no problems on regular paper. There is a little clear styrene "glass" included with the kit that goes over the decal to simulate the dash glass, and it will protect the decal. 

I also made some tiny decals for the trunk emblem of my Standard Coupe. It has the correct blue background color, and it's not included with the kit. On the Convertible, that is a Deluxe model, the trunk emblem has a red background. 

Edited by Lovefordgalaxie

I think you will enjoy greatly to build the kits. They go together with zero issues, and even tough there is the inaccuracy problem with the interior on the coupe, when it's all together it's hard to see. 

If the decals you got didn't work well, I have the correct one I made for my build on photoshop. Can send a correctly dimensioned jpg file by PM, or e-mail, and you can print it with a ink jet printer with no problems on regular paper. There is a little clear styrene "glass" included with the kit that goes over the decal to simulate the dash glass, and it will protect the decal. 

I also made some tiny decals for the trunk emblem of my Standard Coupe. It has the correct blue background color, and it's not included with the kit. On the Convertible, that is a Deluxe model, the trunk emblem has a red background. 

Thanks again for the advice. And if I do need additional help, like if the gauge decals do not work, I will contact you. Looking forward always to seeing what your up to next. And by the way, I do watch your videos on YouTube also. I like the work you do. And respect the knowledge you have on Ford's specifically.