Model Cars Magazine Forum

I hate painting

smhardesty

I guess I don't really hate the actual painting. It's the prep work I hate. I've been working on getting the master bath ready to paint after the contractor got done. It's mostly just cleaning and taping. Today I got the top edge of the back splash all cleaned of drywall mud and taped off, ready to paint. The position I had to put my back and neck in limited me to doing that one, little task today. That's about as much a problem as the work really is. When your body won't cooperate it makes it really hard to accomplish much in a day. Next step is to clean the Satin Nickel tile edging on the shower. The tile contractor got tile mastic on the wall and edging on one side of the shower and the drywall contractor manged to get mud on pretty much all the edging. So I'll tape off the wall next to the edging and start cleaning it next. Then I'll get the mastic off the wall and tape off the tile edging, and I think I'll finally be ready to wipe the walls down and start painting. The good news is that by the end of nest week I should be all done priming and painting and I can get the contractor back in to install all the trim, caulk the back splash, reset the stool, and then do any other mop up that needs done.

About a month or so ago I painted the lower section of my spare bath and installed some molding at the line. Prep took a couple hours and painting took only half an hour.

I can easily recall the time that I could have woke up, had a couple cups of coffee, then had ALL the prep work done by about 10:00 or 10:30. Then a long lunch and could have primed the whole bathroom before supper. Sadly, those days are long gone. And oh do I wish they weren't.:angry: