Model Cars Magazine Forum

Guest Gramps-xrds
:D It IS the Ramchargers Transporter, I'm not sure, but MPC MIGHT have released it without the dragster.Either way it's VERY rare. :rolleyes:

Hmmm, I didn't think they were rare. I got one sittin on the shelf. Been there for yrs and yrs. :blink::lol::lol:

I think the dragster is in pieces in a box some where. Probably un-recognizable now :blink::blink::blink:

Edited by Gramps-xrds

Hmmm, I didn't think they were rare. I got one sittin on the shelf. Been there for yrs and yrs. ;):P:lol:

I think the dragster is in pieces in a box some where. Probably un-recognizable now :blink::blink::blink:

Man lets ask this question. What cars do u not have ;) Every time u post u actualy have it. Dang. And they are all stored on 2 shelves. WOW ;) Well this one has inspired me. I think i will start cutting up a deora kit. :huh::blink:

Guest Gramps-xrds
Man lets ask this question. What cars do u not have :huh: Every time u post u actualy have it. Dang. And they are all stored on 2 shelves. WOW :blink: Well this one has inspired me. I think i will start cutting up a deora kit. :blink::blink:

Florian I'm sorry, I don't have it on a shelf (there's at least 20 shelves and stacks of boxes on the floor) It's actually in a box under my bench ;):P:lol:

There's a lot of cars I don't have, but if I ever hit the lottery, LOOK OUT ;);)

Florian I'm sorry, I don't have it on a shelf (there's at least 20 shelves and stacks of boxes on the floor) It's actually in a box under my bench :):unsure::(

There's a lot of cars I don't have, but if I ever hit the lottery, LOOK OUT :rolleyes::P

hahaha :angry: Well so if your floor is full of boxes and well dust how do you get in to your model room :o<_< Just messing around with u. I have alot to but my dad made hanging shelves with sliding dors and thats were i keep around 100 and then theres under my workbench at least 10, abouve my workbench too about 10, and then my closet bout 20 and under my desk in my room about 30. I have them hidden all over But they are not dusty :huh:

It's also called "Daytona Transport Truck", and yes, it was made by MPC. But this version didn't have a model car to go on the back part. It was molded in red, no metallic. It should have a clear top/canopy to cover the car on the back. I used to have one, unbuilt, but sold it on the 'bay maybe a year ago. Got pretty good money for it.....! Not sure if I still have the pic I put up on ebay....

Edited by Modellpularn

I don't want to start (or sustain) an argument, but I got one of these Ramcharger Transporters with the Ramchargers rail back in the 60s when MPC 1st released it. The rail was molded in white, the transporter was molded in metallic red and did not include the rear canopy, although I did see a release of the transporter with the canopy back in the day. My transporter was crushed in an earthquake in 1971, but there are bits of it in my boxes of old model parts.

Richard

Guest Gramps-xrds

The one I have is molded in red plastic. It was never fully assembled and never painted, as for it coming w/ any kind of car, I can't remember for sure, but if it didn't, I know I wouldn't have bought it. I think it came w/ a clear canopy but I didn't see it anywhere.

:lol::lol:

There were 2 issues of this transporter.

The Ramchargers issue usually was in white, and had a promo style flat insert for the engine, no glass cover for bed or "spoiler looking" rollbar/glass attachments. I don't think it had the shock-absorber dampers for the turning cab. The dragster was the usual issue.

The Daytona Transport truck had the chrome OHC 6 (how that could pull a loaded truck, who knows) and a Toronado TH425. It had dampers for the rotating cab (instructions said to use vaseline to lube them IIRC. It had glass as shown, plus an add on glass window behind regular window that coupled to the glass cover for the bed. The bed had a long glass cover with a hoop spoiler/mount for rear glass door that met tailgate. Chrome, etc. was same between the 2, separate glass headlights and taillights. These were usually molded in red, some metallic, the couple I've had were regular red plastic.

Neat pieces, I have 3-4 of them, one MIB Daytona, and 3 builders, a Daytona (no glass like yours, but engine, front hatch and rear window) and 2 Ramcharger transporters, one with mint built Rail included, long before re-issue.

I love these things, but they are a bit narrow for some cars. Great showrod transporter. Lousy pics, but best i could find fast.

HTH

L

Edited by keyser

Guest Gramps-xrds

The one I have is the first issue it came out w/. Not sure when I bought it but, it was shortly after they came out way back when :lol::lol::D