Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

2004 Kasey Kahne MOPAR Dodge Intrepid Done!

Billy Kingsley

Here's one that I've been wanting to finish for a long time. It's the car Kasey Kahne drove at the fall Charlotte race in his rookie year. Unfortunatly he crashed. This one has been sitting decaled in a box since 2005. Unfortunatly, due to some mishandling by me, the decals got a little worn. (they are uncleared ALPS). I didn't do enough research when I was painting and the air dams are all the wrong color.

This is my favorite paint scheme from this decade, so I really wanted to finish this one. The decals are John Beatty's and the blue fade is all decal. The dash is resin from Mike's Scale Speed Shop. I still have to flat clear the tires and glue in the vinyl hoses (which I discovered when reviewing the photos) and do the wheel beads. I'm not sure what color they should be, I can't find a good enough photo, so for now they are white.

This is my second Kasey Kahne build and the first one made it into Scale Auto's contest annual several years back :-D It is also my 3rd build of 2008.

2008418-vi.jpg

2008419-vi.jpg

2008420-vi.jpg

2008421-vi.jpg

2008422-vi.jpg

2008423-vi.jpg

I don't know why the shots of both cars are washed out a little. They were taken like every other and they others didn't wash out. I'll try again I guess, but I'm just glad to get them done and up on the boards for everyone to see. Thanks for looking!

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent job Billy. I've also had this one on the project list for sometime now. I have two sets of decals for this paint scheme. One from Three Amigos, where you have to paint the blue fade and the other is from an unknown source but it has the blue fade built nto the decal like yours. This looks so good I'm going to have to bump this one up on the list. Thanks for posting.