Model Cars Magazine Forum

'68 Charger

Frank Steffens

;) YES! Excellent build Frank! Good color choice too.And the engine's color is spot on!It's hard to find fault in such an excellent build(not that I'm trying to)68 thru 70 Chargers are my favorite mopes.Those "Coke bottle" B-bodys were some of the prettiest cars Chrysler ever made!Great job!! :D

Thanks for the nice comments, gentlemen.

Bernard, I still can't figure out how I didn't screw it up, but the wheels are poseable.

George, after a long exhaustive search, I finally realized that Model Master Pacific Blue is a near perfect match for the engine color. I airbrushed it on and then hit it with semi-gloss clear. Also, the caps for the battery are painted with Model Master Russian interior green (its the color they use to paint the interior of Russian jets). When we bought the house three years ago and I was finally able to have my work area, I went a little nuts and ordered at least one bottle of every paint in the Model Master line (man, did I get in trouble with the wife for that!) Now, I just have to search through them all, and I'll almost always find a match for whatever color I'm looking for!

Edited by Frank Steffens

Hello there friend! Now heres a fella I havent heard from in a while!! All is well I hope and the build sure lets me know exactly how well!! Excellent fella and stop acting like you dont build show-stoppers. You crack me up with that Keep on wit the keepin on Frank!!

peace

ajulia