Model Cars Magazine Forum

kustoms in da house

Hello Gang my name is Bud Ellis Aka , "kustoms" and Im thankfull for being a part of Model Cars fourm. Ive been here for a couple of weeks as a guest and I just regesterd tonight. I see some familiar names here and some new ones too Ive Been building and kustomizing model cars for over 30 years and I like to build all types of styles and cars from stock to kustom... I enjoy sharing Ideas with others and helping when I can. This looks like a great place to be with lots of eye kandy and a very easy to navigate fourm I will try to post project pics often and hopefully get somthing finished Lol Im also looking 4-ward to meeting new people and catchin up with some ol friends too Thanks again for letting me be part of the gang

Bud Ellis Kustoms

Hey Kustoms , uh where you be from you in to "Period pieces" late model , Coach builder-Starbird /Roth what ......tellthe inquireing minds road weary from the "Mother road right up from the Cadillac Ranch next to the Tee Pee Motel what you may up to ? Ed Shaver

Thanks for the warm welcome guys Im gonna like it here. Like I mentioned in my first post I like all kinds of stuff I guess my favs are kustoms of the late 50's and early 60's Barris ,Starbird, Gene Winfield, Joe Bailon, Dave Stucky the list goes on and on alot of my models arnt finished yet and alot I still wanna build I have tons of refrance and way too many kits Ive been building and collecting for over 30 years If Ive got a good pic of somthing I can usally make it. I've dabbled with resin casting one off parts, Im gonna make a vacuform machine soon and I paint with an airbrush primarly, urathanes, laquars and enamels , not sold on aqurilics though

Im 40 years old live in Kansas City Mo, I just bought a full size 1930 model A its gonna stay original for awhile, My wife and I dont go out much so I spend most of my evinings building models.

The project Im working on now is a factory stock 55 chevy hardtop by Revell. This will be built as if it were just coming off the assemblie line all shiny and new with as many options I can put on it . Ive spent the last 3 months collecting parts and referance picsI have over 300 pics to build from ! I still dont know what color im gonna paint it but it will be a two tone all the doors will open and it will be built like the real thing from the chasis up, factory fresh . Hope to post some pics soon but be patiant this will be a long build details take time hahahahah....

Agian its great being here and seeing all the great insperational model building from all of you. thanks for letting me be part of it.

Bud Ellis Kustoms

Thanks for the warm welcome guys Im gonna like it here. Like I mentioned in my first post I like all kinds of stuff I guess my favs are kustoms of the late 50's and early 60's Barris ,Starbird, Gene Winfield, Joe Bailon, Dave Stucky the list goes on and on alot of my models arnt finished yet and alot I still wanna build I have tons of refrance and way too many kits Ive been building and collecting for over 30 years If Ive got a good pic of somthing I can usally make it. I've dabbled with resin casting one off parts, Im gonna make a vacuform machine soon and I paint with an airbrush primarly, urathanes, laquars and enamels , not sold on aqurilics though

Im 40 years old live in Kansas City Mo, I just bought a full size 1930 model A its gonna stay original for awhile, My wife and I dont go out much so I spend most of my evinings building models.

The project Im working on now is a factory stock 55 chevy hardtop by Revell. This will be built as if it were just coming off the assemblie line all shiny and new with as many options I can put on it . Ive spent the last 3 months collecting parts and referance picsI have over 300 pics to build from ! I still dont know what color im gonna paint it but it will be a two tone all the doors will open and it will be built like the real thing from the chasis up, factory fresh . Hope to post some pics soon but be patiant this will be a long build details take time hahahahah....

Agian its great being here and seeing all the great insperational model building from all of you. thanks for letting me be part of it.

Bud Ellis Kustoms

hey i think u and me will be good friends U like exactly the same stuff i do. I also like the late 50s early 60 and am a big fan of barris winfield, starbird alexander bros ect.... Glad u joined this board. Like i said any questions post em and we will see what we can do. Man i would love to see ur build. That bel air sound nice, especialy that u are realy going factory stock.