Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vintage Revell Parts Packs -complete set

On 11/29/2023 at 3:09 AM, tim boyd said:

Del...that sounds like a way cool project. 

My (admittedly unsolicited) advice is that you might want to try the Bantam roadster body in the "Bantam Blast" kit just reissued last month by Round 2.  I've built models with both bodies and the MPC body is much better defined in surface development, etc.  It's also available right now....I am hoping the Revell body gets reissued by Atlantic sooner than later, but I have no definitive info on when//exactly how that might occur.

BTW,, do you have any pix of that Sanger flat bottom... love those old drag boats!  TB 

I have a complete photo shoot that was done for an article since my shop paid for the shoot (I had done all of the glass work and paint) but in one of the many moves since 1978 they are resting peacefully in a box in the shop, a 20x40 shop that has everything I have collected over the years and my models my daughters Breyer horse and animals collection and I know that if I live long enough to get "a round to it" I'm going to find things that I had no idea I still owned them. Unfortunately it's only been in the past year or so that I got intelligent enough to write what is in the large boxes, cabinets, and dressers with a sharpie. Efficient, but takes the Christmas morning feeling out of going through the boxes looking for a particular part or kit. But my wife gets exasperated with that method because I always seem to find several kits or projects that I need to get started on again right now! 

But if I manage to find the photo album of things I did while in the paint business I will definitely put some of them up for viewing.

On 11/14/2023 at 11:29 AM, Ace-Garageguy said:

Missed the point entirely. 

I was talking specifically about using the vintage parts-packs reissued as kits purely as parts-sources for kitbashing.

A lot of modelers don't even know what makes a car go, much less how to cobble together a lot of parts from disparate sources into something reasonably representative of reality...so I guess it's no real surprise they're not flying off the shelves as kitbashing fodder for period builds.

Seeing that using exactly those parts for exactly that purpose was what I was talking about, maybe I'm not the one who missed the point.

Edited by Richard Bartrop
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1