Model Cars Magazine Forum

Nigel Mansell's 1993 Indy 500 car

Shunter

This is one i have had in and out of the box for a few false starts. With the Xmas holidays i thought lets have a crack at it. I always liked these kits and it was a shame they were done as a snap kit, i think if they had of been a glue kit there would have been more traction and maybe we would of had more than the two Lola's?

So this is where i go to last time, sanded the seamlines and painting went well till i had done the black and noticed my white had a small mark in it, i sanded this down and then thought to help the declas i will just shoot a little TS13 onto the body, well i then ended up with the lovely melted paint finish, and this was with a dust coat.
2v2uirbZWx36ZU7.jpgHosted on Fotki
2v2JUSHBGx36ZU7.jpgHosted on Fotki

So then a bath in the 99% alcohol and prime again and this is what i am back to.
2v2JUSHWqx36ZU7.jpgHosted on Fotki

Paint went on nicely this time..
2v2JUSaBqx36ZU7.jpgHosted on Fotki
2v2JUSeJgx36ZU7.jpgHosted on Fotki

I have had a chance to finally finish up the decals and now i am working on the suspension arms and engine.

2v2JuYmHGx36ZU7.jpg

2v2JuYmZVx36ZU7.jpg

32 minutes ago, Miatatom said:

That's really looking great! I've got the 93 Lola T93 Ford snap. Is that the same one. Haven't opened it yet.

Thank you Tom, yes it is the Snap kit, they did the Speedway version which was the Duracell car and the Road Course one which was Mansells. I have used the Duracell car with Museum Collection decals for the speedway car.