Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Dodge Stealth

MBXPilot

Haven't done much building for quite a while, I'm sure y'all know how life gets in the way haha. I pulled this kit out of the cabinet and decided to give it a go. It seems so far like it will be a fairly straight forward build, we shall see!

I decided not to do the pace car version, but just go with a standard red one. "Fire Storm" is the name of the color from 1991. For whatever reason, I really enjoy models of common, everyday "malaise" type cars haha. 

40065996641_2fb0c3ea98_c.jpgDodge Stealth by Logan Abner, on Flickr

26192791278_07a69e0abf_c.jpgDodge Stealth by Logan Abner, on Flickr

25193912517_648b554928_c.jpgDodge Stealth by Logan Abner, on Flickr

Got the chassis painted today and body primed, as well as the main part of the engine. It's too cold to be painting, but I'm doing it anyway lol. 

Thanks for posting. I have the snapper version of this kit I've been wanting to do for a while, but can't decide  on a color. Seems like every one I ever saw in real life was bright red, including one owned by a former boss who turned out to be a world-class jerk, so I'm kinda off red for it. Thinking of a dark metallic gray of some sort....

At any rate, I'll be following yours for ideas. B)

Cool. I built one way back when it was new car. Decent model. 

I think I struggled to replicate the orange turn signal on the front end - it’s part of the headlight and if I remember, it isn’t represented on the part. I think I used some BMF and some orange paint...turned out ok. Just ok. 

Little bit of an update. I got a lot of the chassis done, just the exhaust left to do, it's drying at the moment. 

The kit is going together well, other than the engine not quite wanting to fit onto the subframe, but I got it. I broke one of the valve covers right in half, hopefully it isn't too noticeable. And I was hoping for more of an "overspray" look for the chassis, it seems I was a little heavy on the paint. Oh well. 

And I just found out that I have to be at work at 5:30 tomorrow morning, so that's all the modeling for tonight!

26251261368_730d3e8309_c.jpgStealth chassis progress by Logan Abner, on Flickr

25253314107_a39b68f13e_c.jpgStealth chassis progress by Logan Abner, on Flickr

28344528819_fa8e822a7a_c.jpgStealth chassis progress by Logan Abner, on Flickr

Well, the runway was too icy to fly this morning, so I came back home. Got the exhaust fitted.

40134703031_025a456def_c.jpgStealth update by Logan Abner, on Flickr

And I used a bit too much force trying to get the rear wheels on, and broke the rear axle!! Ughhhh. I'm going away for a week starting tomorrow, so I'll deal with that when I get home. 

40101705672_6dde169e5f_c.jpgStealth update by Logan Abner, on Flickr