Model Cars Magazine Forum

Question about me new TCP Master TC-20-T Compressor

For those who own one of these

I'm new to this kind of compressor, I had my CH for years, with a gauge for the pressure in the tank and a gauge to see what I'm setting the pressure at to come out of the airbrush.  With the lack of an regulator gauge, to shoot at say 30 psi, I pop the top of the regulator and turn until the gauge shows 30? I'm 99.999% sure that how to set the psi, I just want to make sure before I start painting next week.

this thing sure is quiet compared to the assault on the ears when the CH kicked on!

Mike

Mike , is the compressor that you bought?

If so the on/off psi values are factory set. The pressure regulator/water trap is on the left in the picture. You lift the knob on the top and then turn it to either increase or decrease your pressure. Do this while your airbrush is attached, and the compressor is on, and you have the trigger depressed. This will give you a more accurate reading of the psi that you are spraying at. Hope this explanation is clear and makes sense.

ABDTC-20T.jpg

I have this very compressor. It works fantastically, makes little noise and doesn't pulse due to the tank. I bought it off Amazon and mine came with a decent airbrush as well.

No concerns at this time and I've used it a lot over the last 2 years.

5 hours ago, Dragline said:

I have this very compressor. It works fantastically, makes little noise and doesn't pulse due to the tank. I bought it off Amazon and mine came with a decent airbrush as well.

No concerns at this time anused it a lot over the last 2 years.

This has been on my list for a long time to get,  I am glad you mentioned it about the airbrush and Ebay,

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2018 at 4:50 PM, Bill Eh? said:

Mike , is the compressor that you bought?

If so the on/off psi values are factory set. The pressure regulator/water trap is on the left in the picture. You lift the knob on the top and then turn it to either increase or decrease your pressure. Do this while your airbrush is attached, and the compressor is on, and you have the trigger depressed. This will give you a more accurate reading of the psi that you are spraying at. Hope this explanation is clear and makes sense.

ABDTC-20T.jpg

Sorry for the late reply Bill. My CPU fan died,which in turn over heated my CPU and fried it. I just now was able to get a new one.Yes that's the one I bought. I figured that was the way you go about it. I have a water trap inline on my badger air hose. I should be able to remove the regulator and trap and attach a more precise regulator? I paint with Alclad from time to time at very low PSI. I cant seem to get this one to go below 10 without the needle dropping to zero so i think a more sensitive regulator may be in order

Edited by MikeRousseau