Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 454SS paper to plastic

texasfunk

Great concept! What kind of chassis modifications will you make to get it into the weeds?

well..i dont think im going to fully slam it..just make it have a stance like the pic. but..it could if i wanted..i notched the rear half and put a triangulated 4-link on it. in front i made some spindles out of brass and adjusted the a-arms. next is to cut out the tubs in the front and make sheet metal tubs. cowl is being scratch made and the firewall has also been shaved. still got alot of wok to go. but its coming along pretty good.

well..got some updates on the 454SS!! got some putty..so i shaved the tailgate handle, door handles, and started work on the cowl. and..since i am going with 23's all around..had to redo the stance..since i have to switch out the 19's i have to cut the inner fender to get it to sit rite..well..i didnt want tht haf assed look. just cut off..so i made some out of plastic and smoothed them out..not done yet but you get the picture..firewall is in progress of being shaved..and i woke up last nite to alot of thoughts going aound about the inside of the bed! so i need more plastic now! well..enjoy what i got for now!!

109_1919.jpg

109_1920.jpg

109_1921.jpg

109_1922.jpg

109_1926.jpg

109_1927.jpg

any and all comments welcome! thanx for looking!

Nice work so far!!

thanx for the kind words bro! more updates soon.

cool look'n pick'm up truck....how are u going to do the graphic...???...neal

thanx bro! i am going to lay the red first..then lay the black over top..and then stripe it off with pintstriping tape..and then mask off the rest and lay on the aluminum. maybe a blue or orange pinstripe around the graphic.

:( WoW Tex, She sure is comin out pretty cool! I likes the way you did the front wheelwells ,real clean lookin job,shows yer attention to detail.The graphics look good too! Looks like it'll be a real nice lookin lil ride when it's done! Keep on rollin kiddo! :angry:

havent gotten much done..been working too late..and way too tired. but..put some bondo on the fender wells and got them sanded down a bit..got the hood sanded a bit also. got the firewall pushed back a bit also. enjoy!

109_1953.jpg

109_1955.jpg

109_1952.jpg

109_1951.jpg

109_1959.jpg

and again..thanx for looking! any and all comments welcome!

havent gotten much done..been working too late..and way too tired. but..put some bondo on the fender wells and got them sanded down a bit..got the hood sanded a bit also. got the firewall pushed back a bit also. enjoy!

109_1953.jpg

109_1955.jpg

109_1952.jpg

109_1951.jpg

109_1959.jpg

and again..thanx for looking! any and all comments welcome!

i woke up this morning with the urge to cut plastic!!

where did the front and back of my camaro go?! :biggrin: B)

109_1984.jpg

i said i had some suprises for the truck! i originaly wanted a mild custom street truck..but i couldnt help myself. local hobby shop had the camaro for 7 bux. cant pass tht up! so..here we go.

109_1986.jpg

109_1987.jpg

109_1988.jpg

:cheesy: also using the motor and interior from the camaro on this one. enjoy. any and all comments welcome! :biggrin:

got some new updates. got the nothch and wheel wells started in the rear..also the first coat of bondo laid and sanded.

109_1989.jpg

109_1996.jpg

engine mock-up

109_1990.jpg

front and rear

109_1991.jpg

109_1992.jpg

got interior started. door panel and tub shortened.

109_1993.jpg

109_1994.jpg

109_1995.jpg

i am thinking very seriously about opening up the doors suicide..what do you guys think?

thanx for looking! any and all comments welcome!