Model Cars Magazine Forum

'50 Ford F1 street truck (completed 8/23/08)

JayVee

Thanks guys! A Ford Focus kit is providing the seats and center console. Here are the modified pieces before painting and assembly just to show how things are being bashed. The sheet styrene piece will be used to make a flat platform for the rear of the floor:

fifty_pu23.jpg

fifty_pu24.jpg

Looking great so far JV. Chassis looks great, & I like what you are doing with the interior. No Focus gauge cluster?! I like how you make all the pieces look like they came that way. Who's rotors & calipers do you use? I take it the calipers are resin. I have a few rotors that need calipers. I was just going to try to make something, but those look good.

Mike

Here's the finished interior with simulated fabric inserts (to do this, just stand back and spray the paint spatter-style):

fifty_pu25.jpg

The steering wheel/column is from the Deuce coupe kit with a column bracket made from sheet styrene, and

the gauges are detailed with chrome foil with a flat black wash and clear window glue for lenses:

fifty_pu26.jpg

The underside of the bed floor looked like this....

fifty_pu27.jpg

So I made a panel from thin sheet styrene (I love this stuff, it fixes everything!):

fifty_pu28.jpg

I took some heat in the past for building slammed trucks with no inner front fenders, but not this time!

These babies fit like they were meant to be used with this Willys frame (sometimes it's better to be lucky than good):

fifty_pu29.jpg

I'll wrap this sucker up later today. I posted a lot more in-progress photos for this project than usual, but I thought that most builders care more about the raw details than the finished project anyway since we're here mostly to steal ideas for our own projects. C'mon, admit it, you know it's true! B)

Edited by JayVee

...most builders care more about the raw details than the finished project anyway since we're here mostly to steal ideas for our own projects. C'mon, admit it, you know it's true! :lol:

It's True, It's True, It's True!!! :lol:

Well almost, anyway. The finished build is always the payoff we're looking for - and this one will really pay off! Super chassis, super interior, super build. On to Under Glass for the payoff! Can't wait...