Model Cars Magazine Forum

Fiat Fuel Competition Coupe - Completed with Final Presentation Photos

Thanks once again, guys. This was a challenging build, and not just because the paint job went south at the 11th hour. Like so many resin body projects this was whatever the opposite of a kit build is. Short of scratch building my own chassis, just about everything had to be redone to fit the Ramchargers donor chassis. And deciding to fill the roof and rear window area only added to the demands on my meager skills. But I absolutely love the look of these cars and I've always wanted to do this style of Fiat Competition Coupe, so when Fremont Resins offered one I was in. They actually offer it in 2 nose lengths, but the longer 200+ inch style lacks the balanced proportions of the mid-length (ca. 165") cars so I opted for the shorter nose. As it was I still had to add material to the panels under the engine. But it was all worth it because I really enjoy seeing this on my shelf. And I'm most appreciative of all your kind words.

Thanx!
B.