Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25-1/24 houses

theraif

On 9/6/2018 at 5:58 PM, GlueTube said:

You might also wish to search 1/24 scale Doll Houses

Regards

Brian Kroon

Brian is quite correct in this ! I belong to a specialty "Half scale " doll house face Book group . Most of what I already scratch build is 1-24th scale anyway . If you still need my help , just give me a P-M and I'll do what I can

Raif.... I have absolute respect for both Brian and Ellen, but just a word of caution. Dolls house furniture is very often advertised as 1:24 scale, but actually is too large for a 1:24 scale diorama, or buildings or figures..... the telephone on a desk is a classic example, as the telephone is massive. I know this because I purchased one on Ebay. Also, keep in mind that G-scale or LGB is 1:22.5 scale, so not quite 1:24 scale and slightly larger, but hardly noticed in your models. Some dolls house items are fine, but I just thought I would let you know as I was quite surprised to find things way too big. It is more of an issue with cheap Chinese items, and I have nothing against Chinese people because my wife is Chinese.

David

23 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

Raif.... I have absolute respect for both Brian and Ellen, but just a word of caution. Dolls house furniture is very often advertised as 1:24 scale, but actually is too large for a 1:24 scale diorama, or buildings or figures..... the telephone on a desk is a classic example, as the telephone is massive. I know this because I purchased one on Ebay. Also, keep in mind that G-scale or LGB is 1:22.5 scale, so not quite 1:24 scale and slightly larger, but hardly noticed in your models. Some dolls house items are fine, but I just thought I would let you know as I was quite surprised to find things way too big. It is more of an issue with cheap Chinese items, and I have nothing against Chinese people because my wife is Chinese.

David

David , the furniture I buy for my exhibits is really 1-24th , or HALF inch scale . I can't afford FLUBS!!!!!!

Fair comment Ellen...... and I am sure you are very careful to buy the correct size furniture for your project. I just felt cheated that having bought something on Ebay that was clearly advertised as 1:24 scale, when I unpacked the items I could see straight away that they were way too big. This sort of thing messes up your schedule for work in progress and completing the project. ( yes I know.... should have returned the items to the seller.... my fault ).

David