Model Cars Magazine Forum

done with evil bay as of end of oct 08

Hi, I'm not going to be forced to take credit cards so evil bay can make even more $. Need to find another auction site to use and promote it to fellow modelers. Any ideas????????Steve

This came up awhile back, I don't believe it matters how you pay. As I recall it was mentioned that you can accept puca shells if that is the currency you desire. Just taking a quick look I see some of the items accept paypal, or money order.

as of oct 08, you will only be able to accept paypal on ebay. they say its for faster transactions, but im sure they want theyre cut. i dont really like it, but ebay is about the only game in town. also, the feds just pasted a law requiring all electronic transactions to be reported to the i.r.s if you have more than 2000 dollars or 200 transactions in one year. the new paypal requirements will make it easier for them to track your money.

I sell quite a bit of stuff, so making it all paypal is ok, with me. Beats waiting for a money order. Aslong as they make it immediate payment. I know they take fees, but it beats waiting day. Plus when I buy I always prefer to pay by paypal saves the trip to get a money order and a stamp. !