Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tony Stewart 2016 Coke Throwback

whatisdeletrazdoing

Hi everyone!

My name is Jake and I'm new to the forum. It's tough finding a good NASCAR model community so I'm really pleased to join y'all. 

Here are some photos of my first NASCAR build, which I finished about a year and a half ago. I started with a Jimmie Johnson Snaptite kit and was pretty impressed with it. I didn't do much modification, just some minor detailing here and there. I used (I think) Slixx decals for the Coke throwback and some extra hood pins I got from Mike's Decals. Paint was TS-8 for the red and Vallejo acrylics for the gold. I just started the Bobby Allison Coke Mercury Cyclone from Polar Lights and cannot wait to get the 2 cars side by side. Thanks for looking!

oSHuDny.jpg

uaMjJTg.jpg

PVKL5qH.jpg

abjivoX.jpg

Ox1iXPn.jpg

5 hours ago, MarkJ said:

Jake, Excellent job on the snap kit. Really like the gold you used. Where do you get your Vallejo acrylics? Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to more of your builds.

Thanks Mike! I got this bottle at a HobbyTown I used to work at in Dallas. I was amazed how easily the paint went on and how well it took to touchups. I don't use much Vallejo anymore these days (the bottles make it hard to mix and I had issues with the paint stopping up my airbrush), but I would use them again for this project.