Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

06 Camaro Custom Convertible

RadRidesByDan

06 Camaro Roadster......got rid of the roof, scratchbuilt the rear deck, the 2 roll bars, used the intrerior of the 98 Corvette, seats from the Dodge Sidewinder, front air dam from the Mitsubishi Eclips that was cut and stretched almost 5/16 in the middle, and the wheels of the SSR die cast model truck. The original hubs were removed and replaced with 1/4 inch tubing to fith the Camaro spindles.

CamaroRoadster29.jpg

CamaroRoadster35.jpg

CamaroRoadster38.jpg

CamaroRoadster31.jpg

Edited by RadRidesByDan

Welcome Dan, you'll find this a nice haven also. Your convertible conversion is one smooth beauty. All the mods look great, and the front end work makes it look really mean, like it's got pincers! I have a Nomad conversion of this kit to do sometime. Very cool build.

Nice job on the convertible conversion and the re-styling of the body. The paint looks great and flawless. It will be interesting to see if GM will bring out a convertible version of this car as they deal with the high gas prices and hard times in the auto industry.

I sure hope those pictures were taken several months ago, I would hate to think that you have snow already !

Mike

I sure hope those pictures were taken several months ago, I would hate to think that you have snow already !

Mike

He's in Calgary. You never know!

BTW...I also am not a fan of the new Camaro... I think GM missed the boat on the styling, but I do like what you've done to it.

Im glad to see honest builders that say what they feel......its great to here when one doesnt like an actual car but can let a fellow modeller when they have improved on a look that was in dyer needs of......thats the same reason why I went and did all these mods cause the original look to me was a little blah

Thanks for the great feed back guys......very appreciated coming from this club

Bear

• 2 weeks later...