Model Cars Magazine Forum

I'm not sure if this is the correct section for this but I just wanted to say "howdy" to everyone here.

After building several scale rc crawlers I came to realize that I enjoyed building them more than using them. Plus they get real expensive, real quick. So I figured I'd try my hand at models. Besides, if I plan on staying married I better find a cheaper hobby. :rolleyes:

I haven't built a model since I was a kid, I'm 37 now so I'm sure things have changed a bit. I recently bought a few kits off the bay, just need to get started.

By the way, I'll try to use the "search" function as much as possible to avoid too many silly noob questions.

Here are a few photos of my rc's:

001.jpg

20080611-IMG_0896-2.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

IMG_1156-6.jpg

IMG_1154-4.jpg

Edited by Echodawg

Hey, welcome on the best forum on the web!

Love your crawlers btw! And don't be afraid to ask questions, there's TONS of knowledge waiting behind the skulls of all theese ole styrene-foxes! And everybody is usually very eager to help out, just watch out for Bluesmanmark, he'll drown ya...

Hey, welcome on the best forum on the web!

Love your crawlers btw! And don't be afraid to ask questions, there's TONS of knowledge waiting behind the skulls of all theese ole styrene-foxes! And everybody is usually very eager to help out, just watch out for Bluesmanmark, he'll drown ya...

I'll second ALL of that!!

WELCOME!!

Welcome , Echodawg. Nice crawlers (love the shotgun on the front seat). Don't be afraid to ask anything. I, myself, tend to ramble on about stuff at times, but if I can help, I'll throw my two bits in (inflation, you understand).

I'm not sure if this is the correct section for this but I just wanted to say "howdy" to everyone here.

After building several scale rc crawlers I came to realize that I enjoyed building them more than using them. Plus they get real expensive, real quick. So I figured I'd try my hand at models. Besides, if I plan on staying married I better find a cheaper hobby. ;)

I haven't built a model since I was a kid, I'm 37 now so I'm sure things have changed a bit. I recently bought a few kits off the bay, just need to get started.

By the way, I'll try to use the "search" function as much as possible to avoid too many silly noob questions.

Here are a few photos of my rc's:

001.jpg

20080611-IMG_0896-2.jpg

IMG_0838.jpg

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

IMG_1034.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

IMG_1156-6.jpg

IMG_1154-4.jpg

oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!!!!

ANOTHER GUY LIKE ME ON HERE!

I am HUGE into the scale RC truck deal, I belong to Scale4X4, in the process of buying all the stuff I need to make me a "new" Bruiser and i'll be using a Riegn S2 chassis, with Traxxas tranny and all that but will use Tamiya's re issued 79. :) WILL show pics.

You don't realize how excited I am to see these pics and know that there is a guy on here that is into the SAME thing

So I guess you know all about Bruisers, Mountaineers, Pajero CC-01, CR-01, Hi Lift, TLT axles and all that?? :o

Thanks everyone, glad to be aboard!!! Like a kid in a candy store checking out all these rides. :P

oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!!!!

ANOTHER GUY LIKE ME ON HERE!

I am HUGE into the scale RC truck deal, I belong to Scale4X4, in the process of buying all the stuff I need to make me a "new" Bruiser and i'll be using a Riegn S2 chassis, with Traxxas tranny and all that but will use Tamiya's re issued 79. :P WILL show pics.

You don't realize how excited I am to see these pics and know that there is a guy on here that is into the SAME thing

So I guess you know all about Bruisers, Mountaineers, Pajero CC-01, CR-01, Hi Lift, TLT axles and all that?? :)

Awesome! Lots of fun building those things and getting out in the woods and crawling with them but man it gets expensive. You can easily drop @ $1200 into each rig. As one that likes to tinker, I found I kept wanting to build more and more yet found little time to get out and actually mess around with them. I see that static can add up as well but it's not nearly as expensive. It's a lot easier to justify with the boss, I mean wife.

Thanks everyone, glad to be aboard!!! Like a kid in a candy store checking out all these rides. :lol:

Awesome! Lots of fun building those things and getting out in the woods and crawling with them but man it gets expensive. You can easily drop @ $1200 into each rig. As one that likes to tinker, I found I kept wanting to build more and more yet found little time to get out and actually mess around with them. I see that static can add up as well but it's not nearly as expensive. It's a lot easier to justify with the boss, I mean wife.

Oh yes I know, I had 4 RC's already and one being a T-Maxx, boy, that was a money pit. When I figured out what I need for this truck I plan to build, I got close to $750 but I can EASILY bring that down. :P I have two bosses, mom and dad!