Model Cars Magazine Forum

Another Nova Project

mikelo

This one will probably take a while (as I have several other projects going on), but I just wanted to share with everyone here some of my ideas for my project. In case you haven't seen it, here is a rendering I did for a customer in Alabama. This is going to be a 1:1 car. My plans are to combine ideas of this one and Notorious by Rad Rides. While I would love to raise to entire center of the hood as I did in the rendering, I will probably just end up using the kit's cowl hood so I can get it done. First the rendering.

Super_Nova_final.jpg

I have test fit the parts and plan to get most of my parts from the old Mongram 69 Camaro. I have glued the front pan onto the car, but need to fill and round the corners and do a little more trimming on it. The nice part is the front bumper from that kit fits very nicely. Thanks to LOBBS for his article on his, I was going to use a BB from one of the various sources mentioned, nut now may just put a more modern mill in it. The rear appears to be easier than the front. I plan on using a left over set of tail lights from the R/M Camaro, with the rear pan from the older Monogram kit, the bumper from a MPC 69 Camaro and scratch building the panel between the tail lights. Here is where it is at now.

100_2204.jpg

I will try to keep this updated, but I am not sure how much I will be able to work on it. Oh, here is a link to Rad Rides in case you haven't seen Notorious.

http://www.radrides.com/proj.htm

Mike