Model Cars Magazine Forum

1976(ish) Blazer build.

just_a_doodz

Sup guys....I put my Chevelle Street Fighter on hold waiting for stuff to finish it.

So here is a new one to work on.I picked this up at a lil hole in the wall hobby store.I didnt know it was a snap kit till it was too late...lol.BUT Im soooo glad I got it because I LOVE this body style.ANYWAY....here are the pics.ALSO...If anyone could help me scale the size of the wheels Im planning on using Id appreciate it.The chrome t's pictured for reference are 23" to scale.I plan on adding a rollpan to front/rear and filling in the holes for mirrors and light bar and such.Thanks for looking guys.

100_1530.jpg

100_1529.jpg

100_1528.jpg

100_1527.jpg

100_1526.jpg

100_1531.jpg

Once again thanks for looking and Im thinking of using the interior from AMTs Cadillac truck in beige and black with the exterior being Testors one coat Lacquer Orange.Later.

Link to Chevelle build:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13262

Edited by just_a_doodz

those wheels would scale out to 26-28 inches...

LOL...I expected 30" plus.BUT I may call them 26" and put the decals from the "Donk" kits on it.The chassis for this kit is very basic as is to be expected for a curbside kit.Anyone have examples of a kit like this built with a driveline and chassis done up?Ive been searching google and yahoo and cant find good pics.on a 1:1.let me know if you guys have any.Thanks.

Try the AMT 84 GMC Pickup kit, it should have more or less the same running gear.

Yep '73-88(1Ton and Above) Pickups were the same, 73-91 Fullsize Blazer's/Jimmy's and Suburbans were also the same running gear wise.... The only real difference, would be that the GMC is 4wd instead of 2wd, but you can actually use a frontend from AMT's kits of the Next Generation Bodystyle (88-98), as GM basically used the same parts on the Fullsize Trucks/SUV's, when they were only the 2wd models(Except in 96/97 GM went from the 5 on 5Lug to 6Lug Wheels Standard on the 2wd Half-Ton Models)....

• 2 months later...

very sweet truck. glad to not see it raised high enough to give you nose bleeds on big offroad tires lol. also like the use of the yota frame (got the same frame sittin here waitin to go under a LRE ;) )

are you gonna open up the hood or leave it molded shut?

Looks cool! I think those wheels are supposed to be for 1/18 scale cars. I bought a bunch of wheel sets from an ebayer a couple of years ago, and they were very large. I measured them, and they came to about 26 scale inches in 1/25. They came in a blueish package. I've sold all my sets, except for one, that I'll use for a 1/20 scale old MPC 'Vette. Fits perfect on that one!

The cowl scoop looks a bit narrow. Where did you get it, what kit? Widen it, and it might work.... ;)

very sweet truck. glad to not see it raised high enough to give you nose bleeds on big offroad tires lol. also like the use of the yota frame (got the same frame sittin here waitin to go under a LRE :D )

are you gonna open up the hood or leave it molded shut?

Im probably going to leave it closed....if I dont Ive got an extra 454 from the chevelle kit to use.

Looks cool! I think those wheels are supposed to be for 1/18 scale cars. I bought a bunch of wheel sets from an ebayer a couple of years ago, and they were very large. I measured them, and they came to about 26 scale inches in 1/25. They came in a blueish package. I've sold all my sets, except for one, that I'll use for a 1/20 scale old MPC 'Vette. Fits perfect on that one!

The cowl scoop looks a bit narrow. Where did you get it, what kit? Widen it, and it might work.... ;)

Yeah I think they are for 1/18 also.I got them at the flea market and because I didnt have a model there for reference couldnt really tell.The scoop is resin it was given to me by a friend that quit modeling.If I use it Im going to cut a hole in the hood and sink it a little.Im thinking more and more of not using it.Thanks for looking guys.Later.

• 2 weeks later...

New pics.....And I know you guys are like...."what updates?"Im starting to shave all the stuff off the passenger side.And I got the seat trimmed down a bit.

100_1569.jpg

100_1570.jpg

100_1572.jpg

100_1573.jpg

Inspiration pics....

badblaze.jpg

0812tr_02_z1971_chevy_blazer_custom.jpg

Thanks for looking....Im NOT going to use the cowl hood.Im still not sure about color.

Edited by just_a_doodz

• 4 months later...