Model Cars Magazine Forum

New Toy for my B-Day

Last tuesday the HTU I work for got in 3 of the new Losi Mini-Rock Crawlers in the three different colors they're offered in. I had that day off and was told they came in when I got there wed, so I went to take a look at them. By hte time I went on lunch the one painted black was on hold for me to put on layaway by friday. I put $50 dollars down on it and figured I pay it off a little at a time over the next couple months. I was kinda babysitting Mom (she's still recovering from her knee operation) while Dad went and ran some errands and she told me they forgot that my birthday was coming up about 10 days later (I thought they had a good excuse to forget, with the knee surgery and all :rolleyes: ) That evening Mom asked me what I wanted as a gift so I told her and Dad that I'd be happy with just a gift card to work and an i-Tunes card. That's when I was told that part of Dad's errands was to pay off the layaway on the truck. One of the manager's figured I be looking where ever I could to figure out where the truck had gone, so I was told ahead of time ;) They let me have the truck early too. I took it to work on sunday and ended up using it to sell another MRC and convince a customer's son to start saving for his own.....before I even had the chance to charge the battery for it ;):rolleyes:

Box Stock Losi Mini Crawler

100_0118.jpg

100_0119.jpg

100_0125.jpg

And after a few tweeks!

100_0146.jpg

100_0147.jpg

100_0148.jpg

100_0150-1.jpg

I don't know... ;) Losi? why does it look kind of clunky? :P

That's cool though, can't wait to see what you do to it. ;)

Your parents are tricky! I wish mine did that! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I guess they were stuck for what to get me and Dad knew I had put it on layaway when Mom asked if he had any clue was what to buy me. The HPI's and Traxxas stuff I've bought has been all my money, but the three Losi's have all been gifts, but they're among the cheaper priced vehicles I've had too.

Last tuesday the HTU I work for got in 3 of the new Losi Mini-Rock Crawlers in the three different colors they're offered in. I had that day off and was told they came in when I got there wed, so I went to take a look at them. By hte time I went on lunch the one painted black was on hold for me to put on layaway by friday. I put $50 dollars down on it and figured I pay it off a little at a time over the next couple months. I was kinda babysitting Mom (she's still recovering from her knee operation) while Dad went and ran some errands and she told me they forgot that my birthday was coming up about 10 days later (I thought they had a good excuse to forget, with the knee surgery and all :lol: ) That evening Mom asked me what I wanted as a gift so I told her and Dad that I'd be happy with just a gift card to work and an i-Tunes card. That's when I was told that part of Dad's errands was to pay off the layaway on the truck. One of the manager's figured I be looking where ever I could to figure out where the truck had gone, so I was told ahead of time ;) They let me have the truck early too. I took it to work on sunday and ended up using it to sell another MRC and convince a customer's son to start saving for his own.....before I even had the chance to charge the battery for it :o:lol:

Box Stock Losi Mini Crawler

100_0118.jpg

awe man looks like you broke it already :blink:

Dude that is so cool. I got a chance to drive one the other day at one of my LHS. THe had made a small course with 2 by 4 scraps. I'm glad to see some other rc enthusiasts around here. I have a clod buster, three boats and two on-road cars one of witch is a Tamiya M03 front wheel drive Mini Cooper. I hope ya have fun with it I'm gonna get one after christmas when tax money rolls in.