Model Cars Magazine Forum

Columbo's Peugeot 403

Thanks Michael for the info. That was a very interesting thread you provided. Lots of info to absorb and try to remember old episodes of the series. He was a very good actor and he did have funny ways about him. I do like the way he interrogates the suspects. It is well known when he walks out the door, he will come back shortly with another question. ^_^

My cable tv has a channel that runs his episodes and I thoroughly enjoy watching them. 

Yeah Richard,

here in Germany there is allways at least one TV station that runs `Columbo`. He was a great actor a real gentleman (except his casual clothing ;)). My wife and i enjoys every episode.

Especially  `The Greenhouse Jungle´. The scene when he ran down the hill to check out the crashed Jaguar and slammed to the ground. And still the cigar in his hand!!

No stuntman cold have done better !!

Love the show, I bought the dvd box with all the seasons from the 70s plus the first couple of tv-movies from I thin 68 and 70.
For the car, Hellers 1:43 kit is a good start. There is some 1:43 and 1:18 diecasts. The 403 convertible is quite a rare car in real life. I did see one for sale last year at Gallery Aaldering (in Holland) for (I think) 89 000€. They only made like 2100 or so of them over a period of 6 or 7 years and they made more than a million 403 sedans.

Not for that, M8.

Everett Westphal was a real graphic designer and illustrator.
Few people know that he made the 'fake' box art mainly to teach himself the back then new technology of graphics software.
It's amazing that only one model he came up with ever became a reality, albeit with a quarter century delay.
In model kit industry standards this is considered instantly, though, so hope dies last.

Edited by Junkman