Model Cars Magazine Forum

Airbrush stand

1 hour ago, Don Wheeler said:

The holder is nice, Pat, but that is the saddest looking airbrush I've ever seen.  :lol:  Do you really use it with no cap on the trigger?  Doesn't that hurt?

Don

• It doesn’t hurt. Sometimes the trigger stays down and I have to pull it up. Not much to grab onto there.:huh: What I need is a new airbrush.

2 hours ago, Don Wheeler said:

The holder is nice, Pat, but that is the saddest looking airbrush I've ever seen.  :lol:  Do you really use it with no cap on the trigger?  Doesn't that hurt?

Don

I'm in agreement,but if it works!.

5 hours ago, DPNM said:

The holder looks like a pretty piece of cedar that had a knot in just the right place. It looks a bit precarious to me though.

It actually is a piece of applewood on a curly maple base. I’ll post another view.

Edited by landman

23 minutes ago, landman said:

Doesn't improve the looks of the airbrush however....;)

No, it doesn't. I thought I'd refrain from comment on the airbrush as it has been mentioned. It is what it is. The post is about the holder after all, which does look nice with the apple wood.  Nice workmanship!

Edited by DPNM

1 hour ago, DPNM said:

No, it doesn't. I thought I'd refrain from comment on the airbrush as it has been mentioned. It is what it is. The post is about the holder after all, which does look nice with the apple wood.  Nice workmanship!

Thank you. I was thinking maybe the next one should be a Paasche h. I hear good things about it here.

13 hours ago, landman said:

Thank you. I was thinking maybe the next one should be a Paasche h. I hear good things about it here.

I've used a Binks Wren B for the last 40 some years. I came across a nice vintage Paasche H that I may switch to once I get some experience with it.

I've started to make some wood boxes for a few of the airbrushes I have that either don't have a case or the box isn't in good shape. I've got more walnut than you can shake a stick at, pun intended:lol:.

39 minutes ago, DPNM said:

I've used a Binks Wren B for the last 40 some years. I came across a nice vintage Paasche H that I may switch to once I get some experience with it.

I've started to make some wood boxes for a few of the airbrushes I have that either don't have a case or the box isn't in good shape. I've got more walnut than you can shake a stick at, pun intended:lol:.

I do boxes too. Here's 14 under way, one for each family member, all different species. And one I made for my nephew to keep a pair of pliers that belonged to my dad. It is curly maple.

IMG_9172[1].JPG

IMG_9061.JPG

IMG_9064.JPG

On 6/28/2019 at 12:03 PM, Don Wheeler said:

Don

I sorta copied your idea. Hope there aren't any royalties involved.

Really nice boxes!

I've been keeping an eye out for some 10/4 or 12/4 maple since I acquired the walnut. The walnut was all rough cut when I got it.

I need to hone my woodworking skills, along with my airbrush skills. I gave one box to the people I borrowed a planer from.

This is most of the walnut and a couple of the boxes. The pieces are my next one.

walnut 001.jpg

walnut_002.jpg

3 hours ago, DPNM said:

Really nice boxes!

I've been keeping an eye out for some 10/4 or 12/4 maple since I acquired the walnut. The walnut was all rough cut when I got it.

I need to hone my woodworking skills, along with my airbrush skills. I gave one box to the people I borrowed a planer from.

This is most of the walnut and a couple of the boxes. The pieces are my next one.

walnut_002.jpg

Nice.

2 hours ago, Don Wheeler said:

None of my ideas are worth a royalty.  Here's what I am currently using, a stick with a couple nails in it.

Don

holder 1.jpg

Then whose was it? I thought I got that off you website. Go figure....