Model Cars Magazine Forum

'70 Dodge Challenger T/A

abedooley

Like I said, this is the first one with any kind of serious thought or work into it. I made the exhaust from 1/8in. aluminum rod and solder, cut the tips from aluminum tube, mufflers are Detail Master that I cut the outlets and inlets off of because they were offset and to accomodate the larger pipes. The wheels depicted here are for reference only. I am planning on using the 19" and 23" Pegasus Chrome T's when I have the finances to order them. Its gonna be 2-tone red on top, black on bottom. I also made the front valance one peice with the body. I always thought that was an ugly side of this model, so I fixed it. Shaved the door handles and side marker lights. Cut away the grill and added some mesh I found at Hobby Lobby. Added detail wire to the door panels and seats. Seats are from a dicast my boys had torn apart. Thats also a good resource for parts. I debated on whether or not to even put the side mirrors on, so I moved them forward. Removed all details from the hood. Theres not much more to it. If ya have any questions, ya know where to ask. Thanks for lookin and all comments are welcome. As long as they're nice. ;):D

modelpics074.jpg

modelpics075.jpg

modelpics076.jpg

modelpics080.jpg

modelpics081.jpg

modelpics083.jpg

looking good so far, but im not sure if i would like the rims on there

i think it might make it look too much like a dinkey toy, know what i mean ?

would you beleive there is one of those babies, i pass by on my way from work every day with the same paint sceme as i think you ight have in mind ?

the bottom is red the top half is black and the raised sections of the hood are also red

awesome looking little car

The wheels are DEFINATELY getting pitched out. I just had them on there for mock-up. I am going to lose the mirrors..... Mirrors GONE!! :lol: And.............drum roll............. Bear, is awesome enough to send me the wheel package I was waiting on to get this done. I tell ya, this spot has THE best people I have ever met. Even the nastiest person in this spot is nicer than anyone I have ever met in person. Bear is a prime example that there are still people out there who do nice things for complete strangers. :wub::P So many things have held this build back from being finished. Thats the last thing I'm waiting on. All thats left is to shoot some paint and do some minor touch-up work.

Thanks for the kind words everyone..... Bear, Thank you. And the colors will be 2-tone red up top, black down below. I think the color scheme is the only thing that hasn't changed a hundred times in the last 6 months. :D:blink::rolleyes:

The wheels are DEFINATELY getting pitched out. I just had them on there for mock-up. I am going to lose the mirrors..... Mirrors GONE!! :lol: And.............drum roll............. Bear, is awesome enough to send me the wheel package I was waiting on to get this done. I tell ya, this spot has THE best people I have ever met. Even the nastiest person in this spot is nicer than anyone I have ever met in person. Bear is a prime example that there are still people out there who do nice things for complete strangers. :wub::P So many things have held this build back from being finished. Thats the last thing I'm waiting on. All thats left is to shoot some paint and do some minor touch-up work.

Thanks for the kind words everyone..... Bear, Thank you. And the colors will be 2-tone red up top, black down below. I think the color scheme is the only thing that hasn't changed a hundred times in the last 6 months. :D:blink::rolleyes:

you know, strangers do have the best candy :blink:

cant wait to see this with paint on

• 3 weeks later...