Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/18 Sunstar Platinum 1956 Lincoln Premiere Hardtop

Junkman

Excellent!   I have the coral 57 from Danbury Mint and it is one of my favorites for the little details they were doing at that time.  Wayyyyy up in the trunk of mine is a little piece that represents the trunk light.  Love the color on yours.  I bet these are impressive when diplayed. 

I have that '57 too. It even has the transparent air ducts for the rear aircon on the parcel shelf.

Those Sunstars are so big, they aren't so much displayed when displayed, they actually become furniture themselves.
If you take the average house size in the UK into consideration (they are the smallest in Europe), you might be able to imagine what degree of normalcy is going on here.

Edited by Junkman

Oh, I'm definitely the most normal person I know. Yes, 1/43 is popular due to real estate constraints. 
In my case, my love of US cars necessitated collecting bigger scales. When I started ca 40 years ago, pickings in 43rd were rather slim.
My bachelor pad consequently looked like a hobby shop throughout.