Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/18 Maisto 1939 Ford Deluxe Coupe - Wix Filters Promo

Junkman

I would recommend searching ebay for WIX DIECAST or WIX 1/24, but they have a beautiful 67 GTO, 2 Cobras (gray and blue), a GT40, and  set with a 1/18 2009? Challenger and a 1/24 1970 Challenger that is THE BEST 1/24 Challenger I have seen.   Those are the ones I own.   I think Snake has a 67 Chevelle in his collection.  Pretty sure there is a 53 Vette and a 56 Tbird that are at least as good as Mint cars.  the Vette looks better to me.   I have not seen a T bird.   I think there are other Ertl-made 1/24 cars and trucks as well.  

If you search ebay from UK, can you get US results?  I have a search set for daily emails with WIX in them.   Todays features a 1/24 69 Torino Richard Petty race Torino, which is made by Icons I think.  Icons makes the Cobra and you can find reviews of it on here.  There is a Terah brand 1/24 that is NOT the one I referenced above.  The one you would look for is in a closed box with styro, not a window box.  There is a 69 Boss 302 Mustang "race" car with ttrailer and 66 Ford F150.   Have no experience with these though.  And here, these sell for around $30-$50 USD.  Not sure how much shipping and all to UK would be of course.  I'm sure you are used to that though.

Here's a Challenger set - really nice - the 1/18 is by HWY61; not sure who made the 1/24, but is dang nice.  https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-WIX-70th-Anniversary-Collector-Set-1970-2009-Dodge-HEMI-Challenger-R-T-NOS/254274976507?hash=item3b33f83afb:g:rewAAOSwdEhdEVFU.  I bought mine for $50, so shop that one for a while - you can find them for good prices.   If link is not allowed, please delete.   Not my sale, just for informational purposes.

That Dodge is bloody wow!

Unfortunately I can search US eBay from the UK, yes.
Shipping is expensive of course, but that's not all. Her Majesty's myrmidons then fleece me off duty, value added tax, and a 12 quid "handling fee" per parcel.
This is not being helped by the powers there are sending the exchange rate into free fall, usually exactly when everyone here wants to go on a vacation.

Well, maybe you can find the Dodge from Hwy 61 in UK without the WIX?  Although the WIX branding seems to keep them lower.

Sorry about all the other issues with shipping.  

If I'm not mistaken, we in US are having issues with model compaines and pricing right now due to the gov't tariffs.  I know it makes a pretty big difference on materials on our industry.  We do BP reimaging and most of those materials are coming from China now so they get taxed and it changes often.