Model Cars Magazine Forum

Touring Cars

That sounds pretty much like GTR2, which is said to have about the best physics. :D You make it about ten feet if you don't know what you are doing, especially in something like a 550.

I am getting pretty good with that twitchy thing though. 3:53:500 at LeMans (2004) ;)

The best practice time for a 550 at the 2004 LeMans 3:54.105, best class time with a CR6 3:49.982

OK Gentlemen...... Start your engines!(or is that NASCAR) Who is going be the first to build their games console into a 1:1 race car(front end at least)in their living room or den. :(

Hi guys

I sit over here in Australia reading all your posts and just dreaming of being able to just walk into a store and buying what I want of a shelf, or being able to get all that cool paint (postal services get touchy about Flamable goods in envolopes in international mail) and all the sporting events I would love to be able to attened if I lived about a 16 hour flight east and a little north from where I am now, but tonight I have just read the post about touring cars, and I must admit I had a bit of a giggle to myself, HERE finally us little Aussies have something you guys want, V8SUPERCARS (although there is a roumer that there is going to be a V8 super car race over there soon) I have no fear in saying that we have the best touring car series in the world and almost the best racing series full stop and it's all ours (insert evil laugh here ) sorry for gloting but I don't get to many opputunities

Mal

That is why I NEVER want to hear you complain about the V8 Supercars! :(:lol: Some of THE best racing I have seen from a series today!

No Complaints here Nick

In Fact just recently they have started a series for older touring cars in Australia although we don't hear to much about it, our big race is next weekend at Bathurst, even Boris Said has seen the light and is here to drive, Dale Earnhart JR was down here late last year to have a look. The F1 race in Melbourne is just a side show for the V8's, and a few years ago the V8's didn't race there and crowds were down dramatically, I fear the same may be said but not as dramatically with the Indy on the Gold coast.

Regards

Mal

No Complaints here Nick

In Fact just recently they have started a series for older touring cars in Australia although we don't hear to much about it, our big race is next weekend at Bathurst, even Boris Said has seen the light and is here to drive, Dale Earnhart JR was down here late last year to have a look. The F1 race in Melbourne is just a side show for the V8's, and a few years ago the V8's didn't race there and crowds were down dramatically, I fear the same may be said but not as dramatically with the Indy on the Gold coast.

Regards

Mal

Sweet man, and I respect Dale Jr. and VERY few other NASCAR drivers for THAT reason, Dale knows how to drive REAL racecars! :lol: And some of them do very well at the Rolex 24.