Model Cars Magazine Forum

73 - 79 GM square body crew cab

Thanks guys, I am looking for the cab only to make a 70's style short track race car hauler and I really need a 73 -79 cab instead of the 80's with the later style front end. I will contact the resin ranch and see what they say. Anybody else chime in if you have a lead on something. Thanks

7 minutes ago, R.J said:

Thanks guys, I am looking for the cab only to make a 70's style short track race car hauler and I really need a 73 -79 cab instead of the 80's with the later style front end. I will contact the resin ranch and see what they say. Anybody else chime in if you have a lead on something. Thanks

Roger, I just happened to pop on just about the same time I seen you had just posted this, so I went and grabbed a quick and better pic of the crew cab I have with info for you. 

20191109_114741_002.thumb.jpg.2f8117d70d2ac39e4fa4379e7360a2ff.jpg

You shouldn't have any issue backdating that body to the 70s style you want with a little work since the entire front is open on it. I had bought this secondhand, so I'm not sure if everything I have in the pic that I have is all that comes with it, that is all that I got with it, but that is the info that was with the body, beds, and also a few other bodies I bought along with this.