Model Cars Magazine Forum

Happy Veterans Day

MarvinGardens

Yes, thank you to all who have defended our country and freedom. 

As the father of a deployed soldier, I can honestly say that I my child heard a calling to serve and is doing so proudly in a part of the world that is not the friendliest towards the USA. I also am glad to see our soldiers return from service to a nation that welcomes them and shows appreciation. There was an ugly time in our history where citizens and celebrities treated our soldiers with a lot of disrespect and as a result, there are many veterans out there who had to endure abuse that was uncalled for.

We have many Vietnam veterans here on this forum and to them I say "Welcome Home".

1 hour ago, mikemodeler said:

Yes, thank you to all who have defended our country and freedom. 

As the father of a deployed soldier, I can honestly say that I my child heard a calling to serve and is doing so proudly in a part of the world that is not the friendliest towards the USA. I also am glad to see our soldiers return from service to a nation that welcomes them and shows appreciation. There was an ugly time in our history where citizens and celebrities treated our soldiers with a lot of disrespect and as a result, there are many veterans out there who had to endure abuse that was uncalled for.

We have many Vietnam veterans here on this forum and to them I say "Welcome Home".

I would like to second the above! Thank you!

Thanks to my dad for his USAF service:

daditamiafbp-51dshirley.thumb.jpg.ecb79f6b0084dbe1393c3c18c8e2cbfd.jpg

(Disclaimer: He was not a pilot; he was a weather observer in postwar Japan, but he couldn't resist getting a shot with his all-time favorite aircraft, the Mustang. Who "Shirley" was is lost to time.)

And lest we get TOO worshipful, when my uncle hears "Thanks for your service", he likes to say "Thanks for the three-year vacation in Germany!" :lol:

ETA: And a shout-out for one of my closest friends, Matt Spero, a real-life "Good Morning Vietnam" vet - in 1968-69, he was the morning DJ for station KTTY aboard the carrier USS Kitty Hawk:

1274602853_mattatafrts.jpg.92d4706c0bd3dc5cd5529a60e4e62d59.jpg

Edited by ChrisBcritter