Model Cars Magazine Forum

'68 Camaro SS Stripes

Do you want SS stripes, or do you want Z/28 stripes? Two completely different things. 

And if you want '68 SS stripes, do you want early or late ones? The early ones are identical to '67s, the later ones take a turn and run down the sides of the front fenders. 

The hood wouldn't have anything to do with either of them, which leads me to believe what you want is the Z/28 type stripes. I doubt you'll find decals to fit that hood, but black ones would be extremely easy to paint by masking, and you'll have to mask and paint the cowl vent portions of them anyway. You can use any common '67-'69 decals for the rear stripes, which eases your work considerably.  

Unless you have great talent with decals (I don't), I don't think decals would work on that hood considering the size/height of the cowl. Looks like they wouldn't be that hard to paint. Hardest part would be masking around the cowl vents. That's if you're speaking of the dual stripes on the hood and trunk.