Model Cars Magazine Forum

I need an ID for an early 60's AMT dashboard & interior

Can anyone ID this AMT dash and interior?
It was in an  AMT 64 Tempest body with an interior that I know is not correct for the Tempest. It fits perfectly in the interior and the interior is a perfect fit for the body.
Checked the original instructions on the Drastic Plastics site and the dash and interior I have are different in design.
Thanks

20200221_131043.jpg

20200221_133411.jpg

20200221_133422.jpg

Edited by VW93
added pics

4 minutes ago, pack rat said:

It's from a '65 Fairlane

Thanks, that was quick!

I have to check my storage unit as I believe I have a 65 Fairlane that was a semi glue bomb and now will be restorable with this interior.

Will probably use an AMT 65 GTO as a donor for the Tempest. 

Only have a painted body, un painted chassis and front grill/bumper and rear bumper for the Tempest.

Need a grill divider and hood for the Tempest, going to see if the Polar Lights 64 GTO will also be able to be used as a donor.
Thanks again.

32 minutes ago, VW93 said:

Need a grill divider and hood for the Tempest, going to see if the Polar Lights 64 GTO will also be able to be used as a donor.
Thanks again.

I checked on this awhile back, and IIRC the PL hood could be used on the AMT body but it's not a direct drop-in and a certain amount of modification would be required. 

If you're breaking up a PL '64 GTO for the hood, why not use its interior too instead of the AMT '65? 

3 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I checked on this awhile back, and IIRC the PL hood could be used on the AMT body but it's not a direct drop-in and a certain amount of modification would be required. 

If you're breaking up a PL '64 GTO for the hood, why not use its interior too instead of the AMT '65? 

That's a also a possible solution.
I'm vending at the MDA Roanoke VA show next month, will be on the lookout for a cheap PL 64 GTO while I'm there.