Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Ferrari Enzo, how does it build?

8 hours ago, fumi said:

Comparison of Tamiya, Fujimi and Revell Enzo:

http://modelcarshirobom.syanari.com/033-enzo/comparison.html

It is all in Japanese but even if you cannot read it, there are some photo comparisons.  The general photo layout is Tamiya-Fujimi-Revell from left to right, or top to bottom.

If you want opening doors then Tamiya is the way to go.

7 hours ago, peteski said:

Wow!  Seeing the Revell and Tamiya kit parts next to each other shows just how much softer the Revell's engraving is.  Excellent find Silvester.

I had forgotten some of the details of the build but it was interesting to see the differences.  I now remember opening up the box and being shocked that the body wasn't a single piece.  However those pieces fit together perfectly and created a great body. One other painting issue that came to mind(besides having to trim the door edges to account for the thickness of paint) was the side marker lights. The clear red and orange "lights" push through from the back side of the panel. The holes in the body fit the clear parts perfectly without paint.  After you paint you have to remove the paint to get them through.  The first time I did it, I ruined a good paint job when I pushed one through and the paint chipped off.  Just a light scrape with an exacto blade will do the trick.

12 hours ago, fumi said:

Comparison of Tamiya, Fujimi and Revell Enzo:

http://modelcarshirobom.syanari.com/033-enzo/comparison.html

It is all in Japanese but even if you cannot read it, there are some photo comparisons.  The general photo layout is Tamiya-Fujimi-Revell from left to right, or top to bottom.

If you want opening doors then Tamiya is the way to go.

Very nice indeed. Thanks for the link, I really appreciate that.

3 hours ago, Pete J. said:

I had forgotten some of the details of the build but it was interesting to see the differences.  I now remember opening up the box and being shocked that the body wasn't a single piece.  However those pieces fit together perfectly and created a great body. One other painting issue that came to mind(besides having to trim the door edges to account for the thickness of paint) was the side marker lights. The clear red and orange "lights" push through from the back side of the panel. The holes in the body fit the clear parts perfectly without paint.  After you paint you have to remove the paint to get them through.  The first time I did it, I ruined a good paint job when I pushed one through and the paint chipped off.  Just a light scrape with an exacto blade will do the trick.

Good insight. Thanks, Pete.