Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Bellagio Custom 1962 Chevy Bel Air

Hello all,

I'd like to introduce my first resin car body. This is a custom car called "The Bellagio". It's based on the 1962 Chevy Bel Air. The resin body is a conversion for the AMT Ertl 62 Chevy kit. One must buy the 62 Chevy for the hood, bumpers, head and tail lights, plus the Revell C5 coupe for the glass and interior. Builder must kitbash or scratchbuild a chassis.

These will be sold for a limited time for $25 each, plus $7 shipping within the U.S. Please e-mail me for international destinations.

I take MOs and Pay Pal to this e-mail address:

robertburnsjr101@yahoo.com

Gregg, I'll be sending one yourway soon.

Thank you,

Robert

The master body:

1011081053-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

1011081050-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

1011081054-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

1011081055-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

• 4 weeks later...

Robert does some great work!

I looked at the "trunk" area, or lack thereof, and I see a trunk, IMHO.

Why not make your kit, that you buy, open from the rear to the back of the window?

The lines are there, and yes, it's super long trunk, but that would mean more room for my photo gear, right?

Robert did a fantastic tear drop kit that I have (ashambably) not finished, although I do have koa wood floors in it.

Robert, I am trying to set up and do another show here probably in February, which will be the start of the MCM-NNL National series of shows across the country.

I'll post more info this week.

Guys, Pick up this kit, and BUILD IT!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Robert does some great work!

I looked at the "trunk" area, or lack thereof, and I see a trunk, IMHO.

Why not make your kit, that you buy, open from the rear to the back of the window?

The lines are there, and yes, it's super long trunk, but that would mean more room for my photo gear, right?

Robert did a fantastic tear drop kit that I have (ashambably) not finished, although I do have koa wood floors in it.

Robert, I am trying to set up and do another show here probably in February, which will be the start of the MCM-NNL National series of shows across the country.

I'll post more info this week.

Guys, Pick up this kit, and BUILD IT!!!!!!

Thanks Gregg!

For what its worth from one who's been doing masters (and selling resin) for a few years.....your casting looks great,but you might think about doing a hood and including it(for a few bucks more) From your pictures,it looks like the stock hood might need some 're-contouring' to fit your body at the cowl. Believe it or not,this WILL make a big differance to some prospective buyers................Steve Zimmerman,aka the'Z'man

For what its worth from one who's been doing masters (and selling resin) for a few years.....your casting looks great,but you might think about doing a hood and including it(for a few bucks more) From your pictures,it looks like the stock hood might need some 're-contouring' to fit your body at the cowl. Believe it or not,this WILL make a big differance to some prospective buyers................Steve Zimmerman,aka the'Z'man

Thank you for the advice, Steve. I'll probably do that. Also, do you have any bodies you want me to mold?

Thanks, Robert

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...