Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell V.W Golf GTi MK1

GeeBee

1 hour ago, doorsovdoon said:

oh definitely. I know rattle cans will only ever give an acceptable finish so I will be venturing into airbrush equipment down the road... if I can find enough excuses I have the room for more model kits, Lol. 

I've seen some great models that have been painted using rattle cans, but an airbrush just gives you much more control, the smaller parts I paint just wouldn't look as good if they were painted with an aerosol, plus you have the benefit of being able to mix your own paints.

I bought a Devilbis double action airbrush back in the 1980's, it took me a while to get the hang of it and carried on using aerosol paints, but once I'd learned how to use it, the only time I buy any aerosol paint is if I'm struggling to get it mixed, but i always decant the paint and shoot it through the airbrush. 

The Devilbis, which I've still got, has been retired due to the fact that most of the parts are impossible to find, I now use a Badger 200 for primer and small parts, and a  Paasche VLS for bodyshells, but for around £75 the Badger would be a great little airbrush to get you started.