Model Cars Magazine Forum

Oldsmobile 442 air cleaner decal

I am in search for a ’69 Oldsmobile Ram Rod 400 air cleaner decal acc. to the enclosed image (picture from Supercars unlimited webpage). Is there an aftermarket source for these alternatively a kit decal sheet containing this? Many thanks in advance!

01152.jpg

I am not aware of any of the decal guys doing it and the kit doesn't have it. I have successfully printed my own underhood decals and would probably take a crack at this one if I needed one. It would come out grey on an ink jet rather than silver, but might be close enough to work. 

51 minutes ago, Rodent said:

It would come out grey on an ink jet rather than silver, but might be close enough to work. 

My good friend Bob Spedding printed up a bunch of '68 442 air cleaner decals for me for my last project.

He addressed this issue by printing them on clear decal paper allowing the chrome to show through.

There is enough of a contrast created by the clear film to make it look pretty close to accurate.

image.jpeg.da42c244057b07194d261d93af18126b.jpeg

Steve

Edited by StevenGuthmiller

23 hours ago, cooltoys1 said:

Did you try Keith Marks?

D902881D-2B95-4E7D-910B-78F32DF76043.thumb.jpeg.37c15e0da806cf959c5e9639a3c0fc8a.jpeg

Checked also his collection, he has (had?) a set for ’70 Rallye 350 that also includes decal for aircleaner - unfortunately not quite right for this particular project.

-jan

18 minutes ago, Jan S said:

Checked also his collection, he has (had?) a set for ’70 Rallye 350 that also includes decal for aircleaner - unfortunately not quite right for this particular project.

-jan

He also now lists the decal for the '68 442 air cleaner.

Something he didn't have a couple of months ago when I needed it! -_-

Steve