Model Cars Magazine Forum

Vic's resin contact info?

Does anyone know how to directly contact Vic's resin?

The Vic's resin is sold by SMH (and possibly others). They are mostly body kits (body with hood, bumpers, tail lights etc..).

I want to see if I can buy some piece parts rather than whole kits. I asked SMH and they do not sell piece parts.

Thanks.

Carmak

• 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...

I have recently purchased two Vic's resin kits. Unimpressive. A 1958 Ford Fairlane and a 1965 Dodge Monaco, both of which I have been trying to find for a long time. These kits came missing part (front grill/bumper for Monaco, sterring wheel for Ford), both have no wheels but also no frame to attach them to if they were there. No windshields for either. These came from Ebay vendor who points out that he just sells them, not make them, so don't worry about missing parts. A LOT of trimming of flash and sanding to get the parts to fit. Wheels and tires can be gotten from France, have to jury-rig something to hold them Really should be some kind of frame. Not at all on a par with the old AMT etc kits which I was kind of expecting.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2024 at 10:36 AM, WCR said:

I have recently purchased two Vic's resin kits. Unimpressive. A 1958 Ford Fairlane and a 1965 Dodge Monaco, both of which I have been trying to find for a long time. These kits came missing part (front grill/bumper for Monaco, sterring wheel for Ford), both have no wheels but also no frame to attach them to if they were there. No windshields for either. These came from Ebay vendor who points out that he just sells them, not make them, so don't worry about missing parts. A LOT of trimming of flash and sanding to get the parts to fit. Wheels and tires can be gotten from France, have to jury-rig something to hold them Really should be some kind of frame. Not at all on a par with the old AMT etc kits which I was kind of expecting.

I was considering pulling the trigger on a couple of Vic's body kits. Guess I'll keep shopping.  Like you I'm also looking for a 58 Fairlane. If anyone knows where I kind find the 58 body and related to use with the AMT 57 Ford kit, please let me know. Also looking for a 59 Plymouth Fury that could be built using the Christine or similar kit. Thanks.