Model Cars Magazine Forum

'65 Grocery Getter

GOTH KUSTOMS

Yeah well I started another, one always do, I'll get one done I swear, now the engine Is being built out of the pats box It will be a BBC, and Im out of CA glue, yeah, yeah, I know get some super glue, so anyway, till I get it, mock up's will be with the temmplet's I use to cut the plastic I'll post the mock up's to day, so you guy's can see whare this Grocery Getter Is gonna go. Pro street? nah, It might look like It though, anyway here are a few pictures

BOX SHOT

Picture001-1.jpg

RIDE HIGHT

Picture003-3.jpg

CHANNELD A 1/4", did'nt like the ride hight at all, need'd something to weed whack with,

Picture005-5.jpg

Edited by unforgiven

:lol: Un, we already know where you goin, To da GROCERY STORE!!!. An you gonna whack some weeds onna way dere! Well one thing fer sure, you gonna be the MOST stylin ride inna parkin lot!!! An sittin dat low, you ain't gonna have no problem loadin them bags inna back of it!!! Lookin good so far! :lol:

Thank you George 53, I need to know what people think, good or bad, and all the Ideas I can get. Ok here are a few mock up's thus far, now Im gonna move the door post back just pass the door line, and fill In the rear door line, so It will be a long box pannel, well thats the plan right now, yeah I'm gonna build a new floor pan too, seeing how I had to cut It out to make the channel work, I'm gonna put kustom bucket seat's In it out of a '56 ford kit, yea I had to strip the primer, well DUH! someone used Testors nasty primer on it, :lol:

Picture007-7.jpg

Picture006-6.jpg

Do you guy's remember the kit call'd BAD ACTOR? or STREET FIGHTER, yeah kool kit well remember how long It look'd? well this will be loosly based on It.

I'm thinking chop top? then again that may be way over the top, dunno going to have to think about It for a few, or wedge chop. Wish I had a program to CAD this so I could do all the mod's on the comp first...

Edited by unforgiven

Ok here are a few mock up's, yeah I still have a butt load of fill In work to do :(:D, I still haven't thought of kolor yet, useally I have one by now, anyway, It sorta look's like an El Camino with a shell grafted on, HMMMMM?

Now that I see It like this I'm thinking I should bring the very front quarter pannel of the body down, to sit level with the main body line, becouse I dont think the nerf bumpers, or bumperetts, what ever there calld, are gonna fill that In...

Picture010-8.jpg

Picture014-9.jpg

Edited by unforgiven

hell ya that looks good. i like the 2 door conversion

Thanx man, hard tell'n I'm not Into lowrider's with all the slam'em builds I do, I wanted to go lower In the rear, but the tire's wouldnt let me without tubbing It, I filld the door line's to try an get that 2 door look...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: , true that my friend...

I will second that notion on the lo down. read the forum and thought i would share my opinion

(no on the chop) motor wouldent flow. (yes on taking the back down) think it might help with the front end question.

Ok now that I have done most of the fill work, useing bondo and putty here are a few picks of the smooth'd out Grocery Getter, yeah they look the same as the other pictures, It's just alot smoother now, I have a few touch ups to do, I still gotta put the fender's back In and do some work on the roll'd pan in the front... :lol:

Picture017-12.jpg

Picture016-11.jpg

Thanx every one, you're comments help to keep me on track and with a fresh set of eye's for Ideas, just finesh'd doing the plug wire's on this thing's engine, still have to build header's for It, or kit bash'em.

I was thinking maybe two tone paint, like HOK Aqua over Royal Blue, with about 4-6 coats of Transparent Red apple, It will give It a kinda purple hue to the Blue's dont know yet, still In the thought process. Idea's would be great..

• 2 weeks later...
Thanx every one, you're comments help to keep me on track and with a fresh set of eye's for Ideas, just finesh'd doing the plug wire's on this thing's engine, still have to build header's for It, or kit bash'em.

I was thinking maybe two tone paint, like HOK Aqua over Royal Blue, with about 4-6 coats of Transparent Red apple, It will give It a kinda purple hue to the Blue's dont know yet, still In the thought process. Idea's would be great..

whats up bro. the paint sounds wicked, would love to see somthing like that. I dig the two tone paint on those full body cars

even more so with it being a delivery now instead of the window wagon. build on man! ;)

There is a very similar 1:1 car that runs around here, in primer also, made into a panel also, but it is a chevy II. It has a blown big block, and is heavily chopped, with about 10" windows! :lol: Ther resemblance is shocking! Your model looks just like the real car i see around here. I also say no on the chop, as it looks perfect as it is, and the 1:1 car is so heavily chopped it looks goofy.

Rudy

Plum, Aten, and Rudy, thanx for you're comment's yeah I figure'd the chop would be over the top, this weekend I hope to spash some kolor on this build, the interior is giveing me a hard time so I'm working on it slowly, it will be done in black crushed velvet, bucket seat's, I would like to do the inside pannels as well, I'd have picture's to post but all I've done is the distributor wire's, and scratch built the headers, anyway thanx every one...

• 2 weeks later...

OK now kid's dont do this at home, leave it to us profesionals, hahahahaha, here today I spray'd three shade's of blue on her while on pain med's, now If you can see the three shade's well you're doing better then me, sooooooo I will call this the first coat of blue.

No not what I was looking for, but it's what I wound up with so far.

But in the picture's it really dont look that bad, kinda like a plain gum wrapper stuck to you're shoe, hahahahahahaha :blink: well anyway here are some not so surprizing picture's

Picture-001016.jpg

Picture-001018.jpg

Picture-001017.jpg

Guess I shoulda went with my first choice of silver base, and cobolt Blue....

man thats blue! stance is on the money. I'm even diggen the motor screamin out the top(not usually my thing)

, but that paint needs more pop to pull all that other stuff together(looks good) just needs that GET OUT OF MY WAY! factor.

can't wait to see whats up next. :blink:

man thats blue! stance is on the money. I'm even diggen the motor screamin out the top(not usually my thing)

, but that paint needs more pop to pull all that other stuff together(looks good) just needs that GET OUT OF MY WAY! factor.

can't wait to see whats up next. :blink:

I totally agree with you Plum, I dont know what it is but there's something missing about the paint, graphic's would'nt do it, It's something else, well I'll give it a few day's of looking at it, I'm still gonna lay the transparent red apple over the blue, but I do agree...