Model Cars Magazine Forum

I posted this in the questions section but didnt get anything on it so.... show and tell time!!!!! So... if ya got an '80's bronco.... revell... mpc.... post em up. I want to see how different or the same they are! I'll have mine eventually. It hasn't shipped yet. But I bought an mpc. I did the revell 25 years ago. No longer have it unfortunately. 

1 hour ago, Plowboy said:

I built the Monogram Bronco many years ago. No photos currently. It would be the kit you would need to do the '90 as they're both 1/24 scale. I would use the single wheel instead of the dually to do the quarters with. 

I figured the revell bronco and the f250 would be pretty compatible. I know that amt wouldn't work as I've built the f150 shortbox but converted it to 4wd using the revell bronco front axle with some tweaking.the amt and the revell models have slightly different body line not only because of scale but because the amt kits are post '91 era and the lines are slightly different.

56 minutes ago, Chevythunder85 said:

Yes! the rear quarters on the bed include the wheel arches. Also the tail lights are slightly different on the 87 and up trucks!

I knew the tails are different. 87 and up are smooth vs the Blocked lights of pre 87. Funny thing is I've had both of these kits. But I was probably 11 when I had the dually and probably 15 when I had the bronco. Both are long gone. 

On 7/12/2020 at 10:24 PM, Plastic_Passion said:

I figured the revell bronco and the f250 would be pretty compatible. I know that amt wouldn't work as I've built the f150 shortbox but converted it to 4wd using the revell bronco front axle with some tweaking.the amt and the revell models have slightly different body line not only because of scale but because the amt kits are post '91 era and the lines are slightly different.

The Revell '80s Bronco is 1/25 scale and wouldn't work with the Monogram 250 or 350. You would have to use a Monogram Bronco which is 1/24 scale. Even with both being the same scale, the body lines may not line up exactly. 

15 minutes ago, Plowboy said:

The Revell '80s Bronco is 1/25 scale and wouldn't work with the Monogram 250 or 350. You would have to use a Monogram Bronco which is 1/24 scale. Even with both being the same scale, the body lines may not line up exactly. 

Interesting! I thought revell's version was the monogram kit since revell bought them back when. 

13 minutes ago, Plastic_Passion said:

Interesting! I thought revell's version was the monogram kit since revell bought them back when. 

Revell's Bronco has a sun roof and was issued with a boat and trailer once. Revell did reissue the Monogram Bronco some years ago. But, kept the Monogram label.