Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT KW ALASKAN HAULER ......W???

Any MCM forum member could tell, what is the Kenworth "real" model number (I.E. W925, K123, etc) for the amt 70's Alaskan Hauler: Hill & Hill kit.

Seen 2-3 pictures of this specific model on Hanks TP site, looks like a rare HD road model, was it made in big numbers, was all the options in amt's kit available from the factory : "Moose bar, headache rack, etc....never seen any promotion folder, pics or catalog, from Kenworth on this specific HD model. ;)

The basic truck was a factory build, fenders, bumper, hood, radiator guard, etc. The headache rack was aftermarket. I was told by a KW person that these carried the W900 designation and were a custom ordered item for Hill & Hill.

To,

Any MCM forum member could tell, what is the Kenworth "real" model number (I.E. W925, K123, etc) for the amt 70's Alaskan Hauler: Hill & Hill kit.

Seen 2-3 pictures of this specific model on Hanks TP site, looks like a rare HD road model, was it made in big numbers, was all the options in amt's kit available from the factory : "Moose bar, headache rack, etc....never seen any promotion folder, pics or catalog, from Kenworth on this specific HD model. ;)

Yes, the W923 is a suspension thing. A W923 has a spring tandem rear suspension, a W924 has a 6-Rod suspension, and a W925 has a KW torsion bar rear suspension.

So it has the older cab (1969-1971) in the kit, but the real trucks had the "newer" cab (1972-1982)?

I'd still like to build one of these kits. I think it would make a nice logger.

I'd still like to build one of these kits. I think it would make a nice logger.

There's one on the 'Bay - sealed box - current bid is north of $45.

Is this one of the AMT kits that can be repopped or is it one of those lost for all time?

Last report is that it is lost. The original W925 tooling was altered for the T600 kit.

Maybe the new guys with AMT will have the toolings repaired in the future.

Tim

Is this one of the AMT kits that can be repopped or is it one of those lost for all time?

Last report is that it is lost. The original W925 tooling was altered for the T600 kit.

Maybe the new guys with AMT will have the toolings repaired in the future.

Tim

Figures,

Oh well hope springs eternal. I'd rather they re popped or retooled some of the older kits than give us more of those butt ugly newer subjects.

Doc

i have an original opened and primed, i believe its one that is alleged to be lost for good if my last read on it is correct prior to AMT leaveing Dyersville.

I'll see if i can find it in my closet, if you really need it, I had at one point the international logger paystar series awhile back not sure if i still do.

i traded a guy on ebay for can do wrecker parts for a seperate log/I beam trailer, but never got my stuff, otherwise id offer you the trailer as well, my plans had changed, had trailer sitting for years