Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom made License Plates..? What website to use???

https://www.acme.com/licensemaker/

Free license plate maker. 

Make the plate and then right click on the plate image and select COPY (from the drop-down window that displays the options ). Place the image in Microsoft Publisher or WORD or your favorite image editing program to resize to 1/25 scale. Size is approximately 3/8" X 3/16".

If you have a color printer, print on white card-stock paper.

If you want a glossy look, spray the plate with Testors Gloss clear  lacquer (or similar). 

For a photo finish , have the image printed at Office Depot on Photo Paper.  Cost = about 1.50 per page.  Make many license plates to fill the page. 

12 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

I wonder why some years are 'missing' from those sites' offerings ? 

Michigan '76 is my favourite , yet no one has that style .

California blue & gold ( 1970 - 1986 ) are also a no-go .

@Ramfins59 , what state's plates are you going to customise ?

A lot of the US Bicentennial plates were cool. I grew up in Montana, and their '76 plates are my favorite. I am sure Acme used to have them, but, you're right, they aren't there, anymore.

DSC_0029cr.jpg

9 minutes ago, Straightliner59 said:

A lot of the US Bicentennial plates were cool. I grew up in Montana, and their '76 plates are my favorite.

Nothing special out here in California --- just the usual blue & gold , 6-character plates . I find it a bit odd that this state has thee most bland plates around ! Number one in car culture , and number 50 in plate designs... 

The Michigan '76 ( ad seq. through 1978 ) have been my favourites since seeing them in person (back in summer 1976) and in just about every AMT kit from that era .

27 minutes ago, 1972coronet said:

I wonder why some years are 'missing' from those sites' offerings ? 

Michigan '76 is my favourite , yet no one has that style .

California blue & gold ( 1970 - 1986 ) are also a no-go .

@Ramfins59 , what state's plates are you going to customise ?

Try this one: http://www.plateshack.com/

21 hours ago, 1972coronet said:

Nothing special out here in California --- just the usual blue & gold , 6-character plates . I find it a bit odd that this state has thee most bland plates around ! Number one in car culture , and number 50 in plate designs... 

The Michigan '76 ( ad seq. through 1978 ) have been my favourites since seeing them in person (back in summer 1976) and in just about every AMT kit from that era .

I have a real one in the garage somewhere....?