Model Cars Magazine Forum

1980 Toyota Crown: A Brown Car

Mr. Turbo

Wow, I am almost speechless. This is one of my favourite builds on this forums this far, and I have been here for five years. Japanese car culture have always been interesting to me and I love the brick shapes 80s luxury sedans from there. The paint, wheels and stance are just so right, and the lace, well, hard to pull off in scale and it was worth a try. Very nice!

On 10/18/2020 at 1:59 PM, Spottedlaurel said:

Is that for real?! Never seen that version before.

Foresaw the day when Toyota would use BMW diesel engines and the Supra would become a badge-engineered Z4.......

There is also a Benz Soarer in the same series.  Whether it would lead to something in real life remains to be seen.

On 10/23/2020 at 4:34 AM, Cpt Tuttle said:

Wow, I am almost speechless. This is one of my favourite builds on this forums this far, and I have been here for five years. Japanese car culture have always been interesting to me and I love the brick shapes 80s luxury sedans from there. The paint, wheels and stance are just so right, and the lace, well, hard to pull off in scale and it was worth a try. Very nice!

Thanks, Mattias!  80's and 90's JDM holds a special place in my heart.  Maybe it was Gran Turismo on PS1.

On 10/24/2020 at 9:48 AM, fumi said:

There is also a Benz Soarer in the same series.  Whether it would lead to something in real life remains to be seen.

Sometimes the "special faces" work great in real life!  Sometimes they don't.  Aston-Miata?   Rolls-Beetle?  RX3-RX7?

JDM Faces.jpg