Model Cars Magazine Forum

Shortened 1959 Chevy Sport Roadster.

E St. Kruiser50

Well guy's I finally gotter done :D

Here's the "final pics" of the phantom GM 1959 concept Roadster. All done - except for the modified "Vert" top, which I'll get to later.

In case you missed this as it was being built, the idea was to build this as a '59 shell with all C5 corvette interior, chassis and running gear, and have the build look factory stock, and like it was a production plastic kit from Revell.

The body was shortened a scale 16 inches and the doors lengthened 5 inches. The chassis at the rear was lengthened a scale 40 inches, with a larger fuel tank added. The chassis was widened a scale

5 1/4 inches.

The entire windshield/mid-section came from a '98 'Vette roadster and was molded into the Impala body. A double action hinge was constructed so the hood would open Corvette style, after the hood was modified using hood parts from both kits.

The wheel/tire choice was the biggest challange for me, as I use 24 inchers on most everything, but the '57 Vette "Whites and Caps" were the right choice with some "Gentle Nudging" from >84Vanagon<.

Thanks !!! ;) It was a lot of fun.

Anyhow, enjoy the pics all - Dave

2008_1115Photobucket10072.jpg

2008_1115Photobucket10073.jpg

2008_1115Photobucket10074.jpg

2008_1115Photobucket10075.jpg

2008_1115Photobucket10081.jpg

2008_1115Photobucket10077.jpg

Edited by Treehugger Dave

Looks super, dare I say even beautiful. Your instinctive sense of balance and proportion gave it a dynamic forward thrusting look. As I said in the Workbench portion that windshield really pulled it all together. Like the man said, I'd buy the kit! I don't recall the top from the W.I.P. but it looks terrific and adds an extra dimension.